It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

Mstic1 HB User
Fibro and low blood pressure

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the connection is with fibro and low blood pressure?

I went to the doctor last week because I have been feeling kind of lightheaded and dizzy lately. She told me that my blood pressure was low. She ordered some blood tests and when I called to get the results today, the nurse told me that everything was normal (of course).

My doctor did tell me last week to try increasing my salt intake (sports drinks, pretzels, etc.).

I'm just curious if anyone has fibro and low blood pressure and if I should be asking for more blood work (ie blood sugar?) or if the salt intake will be sufficient. Also, does anyone have any other diet suggestions for this?

Thanks,
Mstic1

Last edited by Mstic1; 04-07-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Fibro and low blood pressure

Hi MysticWings:

There is a connection, and the advice of your doctor is appropriate, along with drinking a lot of water. The fact you have this condition along with FMS may be pointing to adrenal gland fatigue. Was your FMS triggered by a viral infection, by any chance? If so, do you also suffer from hypoglycemia (irritability when hungry), or do you have recurrent infections that take a long time to resolve. If the answer is "yes", underactive adrenal glands may be contributing to your misery. Next time you speak to your doc, you might ask him/her about this.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
(female)

Mstic1 HB User
Re: Fibro and low blood pressure

Thanks Kirstee for the reply.

I'm not sure what brought my fibromyalgia on...but yes I do get pretty irritable when I'm hungry. Sometimes I feel like I "have to eat something now".

I will certainly look into adrenal gland fatigue as a possibility.

Thanks again

Closed Thread