It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User
Question Does Weather Affect You?

Hi all. I know that the research says that weather cannot predict flares of rheumatoid arthritis, but what about fibro?
Do you feel that weather or changes in weather affect your pain and fatigue? And if so, in what way?
Paddy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Does Weather Affect You?

I absolutely believe that changes in the waether affect my FM. For me it is the massive swings in barometric pressure that seem to have the worst affect.

T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

I too absolutely believe the weather affects my fibro... The rain is a major downer for me along with the cold weather... I start hurting all over and I am very stiff and nothing I do or no amount of meds makes me feel any better. Just the other day (Monday), I took my ex-husband to a doctor's appointment and he could tell I was uncomfortable and hurting and asked why I was hurting so bad, I said it is getting ready to rain and he said they weren't calling for rain... I said, it is going to rain within the next 12-48 hours or there will be a huge change in the barametric... I didn't think another thing about it. About 15 hours later it started raining quite hard and is still raining off and on. We haven't had rain in over a month. He called and told me I should do the weather.

Just thought I would let you know my thoughts... Still feeling pretty crappy so gotta go... Have a pain free day... Jenn

Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hi paddy..i know you live way north.....my fibro when i lived in mass. new england, flared for long periods with the weather changes.
when my hubby retired 4 yrs ago we move to sw florida, usa. i have found i get alot less flares with the more stable weather here.
we still go to new hampshire every summer for 3 mos. we keep a trailer on our sons property. i start a flare w/in 2 days of being there.....my son don't know yet, but....this yr it may be 3 wks.
our daughter that lives in mass. i will be going to her in jan.....of all months! she is having triplets though and we both want me there for the delivery...probably staying about 2 wks!

feel better....bevann

Old 10-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Weather definitly! The barometric pressure is the big one for me. I not only get headaches, but it does make my fatigue worse. Sometimes I feel like I want to close my eyes and sleep all the time, but the problem is I can't sleep. It also effects my joints makes them hurt worse. Rain, cold, it does all have an effect on my joints and energy but I think the barometer effects the fatigue the most.

Glojer

Old 10-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
(female)

jessbcuz10 HB User

They call me the human barometer at work Its so funny.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
(male)

linkin01 HB User

Absolutely I feel worse when the weather changes. I haven't figured out if it's more the humidity, temperature, or barometric pressure---it all seems to hurt.

Also, whenever I travel, I just feel much worse. I just spent four days in Minneapolis visiting my little 4-month old nephew. I flew there from LA. I loved seeing my nephew, but my **** I hurt during those four days. This happens almost every time I travel. I'm wondering if the change of climate has something to do with it.

Needless to say, I don't travel much.

Mike

Old 10-12-2008, 11:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

Yes...me too.

It took other people to point it out...like when it was about to rain. I thought that was so sad, because growing up I always thought of the rain as really relaxing.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

LilliePup HB User

I have charted many months of my body pain against the barometric ups and downs. I have no doubt that our bodies are reacting to it.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:35 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Hi,

I think it does effect us. I do better in the winter than with the warmer months. The humidity, in and out of air conditioning, storms really hurt me and I'm hot all the time from meds.

Winter I can layer and not go out as much, BUT when a east coast "Noreaster" comes up the coast I just ask someone to please run over me. I hurt head to toe, I think even my hair hurts.

Have a good one.

DeBeachSiren

Old 10-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Thx all for weighing in on this issue. We've had some wonderful warm weather here, and I know there's a big pressure change coming here late Tuesday (probably for the whole northeast of the continent). Supposed to get cold and rainy. Should be fun, eh?!
I have heard a lot about air conditioning and fibro. If you perspire (we don't sweat, right?), and then go in the air conditioning, then that really hurts, doesn't it? We are so sensitive. I'm best in the summer with a breeze or fan, not icy air.
Enjoy the day everyone - for those of you having family visits etc., have a wonderful time. (today is Canadian Thanksgiving)
Wishing you all peace and comfort,
Paddy

Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
(female)

Snickers60 HB User
Smile Re: Does Weather Affect You?

You bet it does........along with the FULL MOONS. Watch those too, very interesting because the ENERGY is really flowing during that time. Look what it does to the TIDE.

There's normally a very high barometer during a full moon....this week on the 15th, and we are at 30.24 right now...from my bed....and we almost never ever have a barometer that high so this one is going to be a doozy as they say.

I am in cramps so badly I cannot bare life today.

I'm the only person who predicted snow here a few years ago. Weather folks did not even mention it. I told hubby, we woke up to snow (which really hurts me for some reason) and there it was....he almost had a fit when he saw it. I SAID........I told you SO !!! He says I should be able to make a living off of it somehow. I agree.

Last edited by Snickers60; 10-13-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #13
(female)

jhaz HB User

hi paddy - i have myofascial pain syndrome as well as fibro and the weather - in particular air pressure can and does to a cera=tain extent, rule my life. it can make my muscles tremble and i get flares of 'shooting; pains and it affects my balance, causes nausea ,extreme sensitivity to light and noise and about 20 - 30 different symptoms are thrown up to cope with and it is most distressing.
jhaz

Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hi, all,
I join all of you in the weather sensitivity and barometric pressure issues.

Full moon the 15th? Now I know what happened that day...

Seaturtle

Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #15
(female)

catcd7 HB User

Yes, I think so. I've had a flare up since our weather changed a few weeks ago. I have the usual symptoms. Too many to list. Hope it ends soon, this is coming into the fall/winter season. The question now is: Will there be flare ups with each weather change or just at the begining or just when it is a significant change in temperature.

Closed Thread