It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 AM   #1
(female)

kazy68 HB User
Lyrica question

Hi all,

Maybe a stupid question, but here goes,
I have been taking Lyrica now for aprox 2 years, i take 150mg(2 pills) each morning and the same at night. could my system be to used to the Lyrica for it to be any help, i have been getting a lot more pain lately and the Lyrica does not seem to be helping at all. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Karen
xx

forgive me today .......tomorrow i may no longer feel guilty

Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User
Re: Lyrica question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazy68 View Post
Hi all,

Maybe a stupid question, but here goes,
I have been taking Lyrica now for aprox 2 years, i take 150mg(2 pills) each morning and the same at night. could my system be to used to the Lyrica for it to be any help, i have been getting a lot more pain lately and the Lyrica does not seem to be helping at all. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Karen
xx
Not a stupid question. I have been on Lyrica (150mg 2 x per day) for over one year now. After a couple of months, my pain increased too. My PA added Cymbalta 60 mg in addition to the Lyrica and I have been pretty good since then, except for flares. My biggest battle right now is fatigue. I would mention it to your doctor and see what he/she thinks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

kazy68 HB User

Thanks pammyann, sometimes we just have to ask the question lol, I'm sure the Lyrica is not working for me any more, i remember the relief when i first started taking them it was heaven, i sure do wish those days were back, then again don't we all, thanks for the reply i have an apt with my Gp in 2 weeks, i know 2 weeks is a long time but i have said on a previous post that to get in to see my Gp you have to know you are going to be ill 2 weeks in advance.

Thanks again

Karen
xx

Old 10-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
(female)

1stBlush HB User

I too had to up my dosage of Lyrica. Right now my script is for 600mgs, Most times I only have to take 450mg. I'm still in pain, but it's pain I can deal with. And when the pain is worse, I can take that extra pill.

I'm trying to learn how to deal with the pain and lower my dosage so that I have somewhere to move up as my body gets used to the Lyrica and I'll need more. So far, I can't handle the pain on 300mg. it's just too bad.

Pammyann, isn't the fatique just horrible! Do you take anything for it?

I tried samples of Provigil and they worked pretty good, but my insurance won't cover it. Then my doc gave me (very reluctantly I might add) a rx for Adderall. That works very well, but he said it's too addictive. I'm only supposed to take one twice a week when I need it the most at work. Well I need it the most everyday at work. The Adderall actually makes me feel somewhat normal again. It's a amphetemine, and that kinda freaks me out a little.

Someone else suggested another drug (can't seem to remember the name right now) and I guess it's not addictive, and my insurance will cover it, so I'm going to see what my Doc thinks.

Any other suggestions?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
(female)

amber100 HB User
Unhappy Re: Lyrica question

I have been taken a low dose of lyrica as my body is very sensitive to it. It makes my nerves even more sensitive than they already are. My teeth, my arm, my feet. I am also only taking it at night since I can't function during the day that tired. My doctor wants me to keep taking it longer and see if it improves and I don't think I can stand it. It is all worse. Has anone ever had these side effects and then have them go away. Amber

Old 10-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
(female)

keenperception HB User

I was on Lyrica for about 6 months and I had my doctor get me off of it because it was causing me to swell up all over, my feet and half way up my legs were turning purple, I was getting pain I never had before and it was difficult to breath right. I feel better off of it. I have so many symptoms to deal with with out meds causing me more! I hear Lyrica can work good for some but for others it is not good. Trust your self be sure and tell your doctor about any new symptoms you get while on Lyrica. Keen

Old 10-11-2008, 03:54 AM   #7
(female)

Piano-Girl HB User

Not a stupid question at all!!
I have been on Lyrica for about 6 months and I know the "heaven feeling when you first start".

I take 150 in the morning and 150 at night. My body has gotten used to it and a lot of the symptoms have returned. But over all, I am better. My Gp wants to up the dose and I don't want to. If I am going to eventually go back to the old symptoms,,, my question is why max me out on the drug?

Old 10-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
(female)

kazy68 HB User

Thanks for all of the reply's i thought it was me lol, my Dr wants to up my dose to but i said no i take so many pills that i think i rattle when i move, unless it is my bones creaking lol, well my kids do keep telling me i am getting old bless them i am only 39.

Karen
xxx

Old 10-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Kazy:
I have heard more and more reports from people stating that Lyrica begins to wear off after a time. How cruel can this be?! You might try investigating other types of modalities since Lyrica has lost its effectiveness. Try reading Teitlebaum's "From Fatigued to Fantastic" if you appreciate herbal remedies. Another good book is "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" by St. Amand. Dr. St. Amand's protocol has worked for me.

Bye!
Kirstee

Closed Thread