It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
Gabapentin aka Nuerontin

Hi you all, I have just been put on Gabapentin. I began with 300mg at bedtime, now I find within 12 hours I need another one-so it's am & pm for me with a total of 300 mgs X 2 daily/600mgs. I find most of my pain is from mid back up neck to back of head, down both arms to my fingers. My neck is especially bad and up my head as it also radiates to my face. At first I thought it was sinus with my face and it may contribute. I don't know anymore-it;s like my neck bone is connected to my head-bone/my head-bone is connected to my face bone and so on. It's like a link game, it just continues to link up in different areas. Today even my arms and shoulder's joined in so I took my Gabapentin at 8:30am and then checked my journal and it was 8:30pm the night before I took a dose-so 12 hours apart- I also needed to include 400 advil and a muscle relaxer I was so sore and out of it. It's 1:30pm and I am just now beginning to feel I just might be able to function for a bit today-yaya! But now I've lost interest-it is very discouraging the lack of energy. Is it from the Gabapentin or the advil making me have no strength? Look forward to hearing how others do on Gabapentin. Thanks

Old 10-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
(female)

imcaged HB User
Re: Gabapentin aka Nuerontin

I took it before I found out I have fm...My neuro tried it for chronic migraine and tension headache...it really didn't do a darn thing for me, other than give me significant muscle weakness and tiredness.
Gabapentin is the same "type" of drug as Lyrica in that it helps with nerve pain, but it is an older class of drug. Many times docs are prescribing it b/c the insurance companies won't pay for Lyrica unless you try this?

I hope it works for you, since it is much cheaper than Lyrica!
D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imcaged For This Useful Post:
rdgrubby (02-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread