It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
(female)

catcd7 HB User
Do y'all have flare-ups with weather changes

I've had fibromyalgia for 7 years. It's been under control for a couple of years now. I've been working full time for my 2nd year now, a very stressful job. When this recent cool front came through 2 weeks ago, I started a flare-up and am still trying to recover. Is anyone else going through this too? Working full time makes it harder to get back to normal. I'm taking some extra vitamins that have helped in the past. It couldn't be soon enough.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: Do y'all have flare-ups with weather changes

hi cat and welcome to the boards!
i lived up in new england until hubby retired...i was never w/out a flare up there. we have been in florida now for 4 yrs. when a winter cold front comes thru i do get pretty bad here...last yr was in an awful flare for 3 wks..pain...depression, etc.
hope you feel better soon, bevann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

It sure does!!!!!

I live in DE and since we're a peninsula weather is rather wierd here. You can't go by what the surrounding states have. It's pretty much look out the door and find out, haha. This cold blast the last few days has been different, colder sooner. We've supposed to have a cold winter this year. When a Noreaster storm comes up from the lower Atlantic states I would like to lie in the road and say anyone with a 4-wheel drive please run over me. I do worse with the humidity and going in and out of air conditioning than winter. But yes The weather sure does contribute to the uncomfortable.

DeBeachSiren

Old 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
(female)

soulwise HB User

oh yes absolutely! when the cold & rain is coming in my legs will ache way worse and if i have to go out in the horrid weather, (grocery shopping etc.) and i usually do because of this illness i am so unorganized and usually not prepared for the worse - then i will flare most definately. i cannot tolerate cold and have heating pads in the living room chairs and in my bedroom (also have to fight the dogs for them at times ) When i was working, i also had to have a heating pad in my work chair - i don't think i could of handled working at the desk if i didn't have one!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
(female)

fibro-worn HB Userfibro-worn HB User

I also have flares when the weather changes. I live in Ohio and hate the cold winter season. Everything hurts and i always feel achey and tired like i am coming down with the flu. I worked full time in retail which required some very long days and justm recently quit working and so at least this winter i can stay in which i hope will help some. Thecold seems to go straight to my muscles and make them tighten up and hurt something awful. Massages help to relax muscles but can't afford to go that much. Sure wish insurance covered massages.
Wish everyone a good evening.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

I ama lot worse with cold weather and it was pointed out tome in the last year that I am worse during rain. That was sad to me b/c I always loved the rain...perfect days to curl up to an old movie and make fudge!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #7
(female)

pam31 HB User

Yes on the weather, and especially on the rain. Sometimes I know the day before that the rain is coming. It is interesting though that someone had to point it out to me years ago that when I was bad enough to miss work it was usually on a rainy day.I noticed you said the same-someone else brought that to your attention.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
(female)

katte 28 HB User

Hello. Yes , rain makes me feel horrible. Snow does too but so do temperature changes. When the weather goes down a few degrees , usually 20 or so I can really feel bad.
katte 28

Old 11-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

It has turned cold now here in Vermont, and I am so tired I can hardly think of walking around the apartment. My legs hurt badly, I hurt all over. This happens if it gets rainy, with any radical weather change. I go into a flare.
I hope I get out of it soon. And I hope everyone else does. This fibro can be just the pits.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
(female)

kim840 HB User

absolutely!

Marcia

Old 11-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #11
(female)

catcd7 HB User

We have a cold front coming here in Texas. I've been having some manageable aches usually in my legs and I feel fatigued. I'm hoping. Really hoping I don't go into a flare up with this cold front. Can't afford to take days off of work and the holiday season is begining.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:42 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

yes. right before a cold front moves in... achey tired tenderpoints on collar bone hurt. i just lay around and take the day off.

Closed Thread