It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

BriansMom444 HB User
DOES Anyones Joints hurt??

Hi,

Does anyones joints hurt? The wrists or feet, ankles, fingers, hands, ect??

THX!

Old 10-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
(female)

spruey3 HB User
Re: DOES Anyones Joints hurt??

Hi BriansMom444

When my arms and legs are really hurting... All of my major joints hurt badly.
Elbows, shoulders, hips, and knees. They feel like they are grinding together, and my knees and ankles pop a lot!

It makes it very difficult and painful to walk and sit/stand. I talked with my Rhuemy about this, and he told me, that even though it feels like it, you are not hurting the joints. He started me on Lyrica, which has helped me significantly (I know it's not for everyone) And he also has started me in Physical Therapy, I'm hoping that really helps, my first session is next week.

Also, I have been checked for arthritis, which I do not have. But if you haven't been, maybe you should be, it could also cause painful joints.

I wish you luck, and I hope you feel better soon ~Sara.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

LilliePup HB User

I have joint pain which i've been told is the connective tissue (myofasial pain syndrome) along with fm muscle pain.

I also recommend Yoga-- there are many kinds and you can usually get some help in the studio regarding your own pace. Additionally, pilates is wonderful too, and again, speak up about needs for adjustments to the class routine.

There is no doubt, that there is a fine line between hurting too much to exercise and pushing yourself to exercise to feel better. I wrote in another thread that there are times I started out for pilates in tears and half way through class, I am so happy I pushed myself.

Ya gotta move!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:50 AM   #4
(female)

hyppy73 HB User
Thumbs up Re: DOES Anyones Joints hurt??

Hi,
Yes they do, elbows feel locked, fingers feel as if they are swollen and wrists are extremely sore. I take vegan glucosamine and vegan omega 3, pain killers dont work for me, but i totally agree yoga is fab and so is gentle areobics, keep moving you wont damage the joints it just feels that way.
blessed be

Old 10-24-2008, 05:55 AM   #5
(female)

Rita27 HB User

Yes, my knees, shoulders, wrists, fingers (esp. thumbs), elbows--pretty much everything. Oh, and my ankles and feet hurt all the time.

I haven't found anything that helps my pain very much. It's very hard to take.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

All of my joints hurt, even my toes. I am serious....all of them hurt! My rheumy says it is Connective Tissue Disease. He says my joints do not have the swelling and red inflammation of arthritis and move too easily. OK but I obviously have some sort of inflammation because he prescribes anti inflammatory meds and they help. He calls it Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. I am glad to not have arthritis, I just want my joints to not hurt anymore.

Glojer

Old 10-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
(female)

lori120 HB User

Every joint in my body hurts. I had a nuclear whole body bone scan which showed degeneration. I hurt all over and feel stiff. I get reddened above certain joints but I never swell except for my right knee. One rhuemy told me I have RA and another one said I don't. I did test positive for RA Factor. Negative for Lupus. I tried Advil and that didn't help. Connective tissue disease is systemic. That's what I was told. Maybe I'm wrong. Did you ask your doctor about this? What other tests did you get? Ever talk about possible fibromyalgia with your doctor? That can make your bones hurt even more.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
(female)

jenni1977 HB User

During a flare up my wrists will feel sprained - hard to turn the steering wheel in my car, my ankles will have a tired feeling as if I had been walking all day. My upper back - in between the shoulder blades are tender to the touch and my chest bone. My jaw bone gets tender as well. Not so much my hips but that spot just above my hips get tender as well. Not much helps with the pain but I do take tons of aspirin, ibuprophen and when it gets really bad I take naproxen.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi lori, I have often wondered if a bone scan would reveal anything. I have already been diagnose with fibro, but because my rheumy says I almost have lupus but haven't crossed that line (thank goodness) and my blood work is not specific to lupus right now, he says I have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. Right now I'll live with that, but one day I will look for another rheumy and see what they have to say.

Glojer

Old 11-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
(female)

jenni1977 HB User

I think I am in the middle of a panic attack right now. I have been at my new job just over a month - I can't start a cycle of leaving early but I am loosing my mind. I hurt all over and am very anxious. I can't sit still, My arms back and legs not only ache but tingle. I have one more hour of work. No one here knows of my fms for fear they may perceive me as weak. How can I control this without loosing my job, or my mind? I feel like a drug addict in recovery because I keep rubbing my arms and legs and am afraid someone might come into my office and see me. I just need to vent. I will be leaving soon and going to bed early. Not big on meds but tonight will definately medicate.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
(female)

Yvette D HB User

Obviously there is something wrong if we experience joint pains. I really despise when the doctor doesn't say anything as I'm telling him every joint that hurts. It's like no reaction and they don't say much. But I've had MRI's, X-Rays, blood work, etc and it's shown in my MRI of the spine and neck that there's a bulge or protrusion. Then my rhuematologists wants me to have another x-ray and I noticed he writes "cervical spine disease" on my referral for this x-ray and my physical therapy papers which I start PT tomorrow. But he doesn't tell me anything. He's aware that my mom has fibromyalgia. And everything I am experiencing is all that she's been through. He also prescribed anti-inflammatory medication, a muscle relaxer and an anti-depressant.

Last edited by Yvette D; 11-03-2008 at 01:19 PM.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #12
(female)

lori120 HB User

Glojer:

I just had a nuclear whole body bone scan. Showed a lot of degenerative changes everywhere. In my opinion, it's a good idea to get one. Can answer a lot of questions. Also, if you do get one, make sure you tell the tech that's giving it to take a pic of your hands and anywhere else that you think is really bothering you. Sometimes the tech doesn't do this. Also, ask for a copy of the CD of the scan as you leave. Docs may want to view the pics instead of just reading the report. Always keep copies of films, CD's etc at home. Your doctor can always ******** it onto another CD for his own files.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

YES, but my pains are a toothache pain, not an ache or a stiffness. The pains take my breath away and move around. It will hit a random finger for a second to hours then move elsewhere. I also have a host of other issues.

I dont have tender points though. No inflammation or redness in my joints. All tests (full body bone scan, blood, MRI of head spine) clear aside from stenosis in neck, but drs say its not the reason for my widespread issues.

Also I have EXTREME joint cracking that onset when the pains did

Closed Thread