It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

BriansMom444 HB User
Does your Muscles hurt from the pressure of the Mattress??

When I lay down in bed or anywhere my muscles hurt from the pressure of the mattress against me.

Or if I cross my legs when Im sitting, just the pressure against my other leg hurts.

Anyone else??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Does your Muscles hurt from the pressure of the Mattress??

you really are in a nasty flare. yes, i also go thru the same experience when i flare hard. everything hurts, even my clothing. even with my fancy bed there are times it feels like a bed of nails.
i stay upright most of the time during a flare that hard. tho my legs do wear out my body hurts less, so i do it. i walk alot. i paint pretty pictures which really helps get my mind off my body. staying out of bed helps me the most in a flare. staying down is the worst.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
(female)

BriansMom444 HB User

Thx BlueLake for your reply. Somethings telling me, this has gotta be more than Fibro.
I hear people talking about pain but it sounds so vague. It seems Fibro sufferers pain comes and goes in hours or days. Mine has been consistant for 3 weeks. Does this sound right?
I dont get headaches?

If I sit upright & just dont move..........its pretty much ok, except for the occasional joint pain (Feet/hands, ect) . It when I bend or lift or hug that I feel the deep muscle/ligament pain. Does this make ANY sense??

Im so frustrated!!

Old 10-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi there you must fo read wrong.... i think all of us have pain for weeks/months during a flare!! Pain for a few hours would be nice never mind Take care x ps l can udnerstand you thinking its somethign worse! The pain can be torture

Old 10-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
(female)

hannahtom HB User

I was diagnosed with fibro 15 years ago and I thought I knew all there was to know about pain from the bad flares and everyday pain. Three months ago I started having swelling, numbness and tingling, burning pain in my legs. It has since spread all over my body and I have been diagnosed with peripheal neuropathy due to my fibro.

My muscles feel like concrete, are swollen and nothing alleviates the pain. My blood pressure has risen to dangerous levels during my worse pain attacks. Sometimes I just lie in bed and cry. My husband is a saint and has taken over the entire care of our household. I am totally useless.

Yesterday I totally lost control of the pain. We went to the emergency room where again they performed multiple tests with everything coming back OK. They then sent me home after hearing my opinion of their emergency room and the medical profession in general.

When I first arrived at the ER they did give me a shot for pain. I didn't really get any pain relief from the shot while we were there. In the middle of the night I awoke and had no bad pain or numbness for the first time in three months. I have been almost pain free for 12 hours. I am due to take another Percocet and am feeling slight numbness and pain, but I'm hoping the Percocet will help.

I have a wonderful doctor who is as frustrated as I am with this neuropathy. He has tried so many drugs but nothing has helped. I can't wait to call my doctor Monday to let them know how the shot worked. I want to be sure this information is included in my records so they can try it again when the pain returns.

All of you are in my prayers.

7XGrammy

Old 10-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
(female)

BriansMom444 HB User
Do your muscles hurt when touched or poked with a little pressure?

Does anyones arms, like the lower part or upper arm...........or legs hurt when a lil pressure is applied?

If someone pokes me on my forearm, its tender. Anyone else?
THX

Old 10-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hi,

Yes, I cannot lie on my back because of pain of trigger points on the mattress (and I have a Tempurpedic, too). Often, I can't lie comfortably in any position. There are areas on my body when a light touch will make me wince.

The pain, yes, comes and goes, jumps around, but it lasts for varying times. For the last three days, I am aching all over, joints, muscles, neck...you name it, I hurt there.
The weather has changed a lot: that sets me into a flare.

You might check in with a rheumotologist and neurologist.

Fibromyalgia can be very, very painful.
I hope this helps a bit.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Do your muscles hurt when touched or poked with a little pressure?

Simple answer is yes, yes, yes. You're not alone.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Owie! I sympathize. Don't let your mind do emotional ping pong. The pains you describe are a regular part of FMS, but you do not have to be a hostage to fear. Have your read Teitlebaum's "From Fatigued to Fantastic" or St. Amand's "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia"? These books are good resources to help you make decisions and find alternate resources in you quest for relief. Your doctor may not have all the answers so search until you find something that works for you.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 10-26-2008, 01:53 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Oh my gosh yesssssssssss!

Everywhere all the time. Here's some things that hurt the most for me.

blood pressure cuffs, the one's that run by themselves give me bruises
when my dog jumps on my lap or legs
pantyhose
bras with straps
shoes that are higher than a kitten heel
taking a bath, hurts to get in and out
being on my knees
shoulderbags
any vehicle that isn't a SUV or truck
poking by doctors trying to find tender points and trigger points

I have a mattress that is firm and has that extra padding on it. I use a pillow that has a hole indented in the center so it cradles my neck. I put pillows between my legs or one to my side to flop my leg over. I feel more comfortable with the weight of blankets on my legs. I have a heavy blanket that came from Greece, it is folded in 4ths and covers me from my knees down. All year 'round. When it's cold I use an electric blanket just warm enough to take the chill off of the sheets. If I do get hot in the warmer months I just take an ice pack to bed with me.

Hope you find something that helps. Meanwhile, I'll be wishing everyone comfort and relaxation.

DeBeachSiren

Old 10-26-2008, 03:57 AM   #11
(female)

weitz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBeachSiren View Post
Oh my gosh yesssssssssss!

Everywhere all the time. Here's some things that hurt the most for me.

blood pressure cuffs, the one's that run by themselves give me bruises
when my dog jumps on my lap or legs
pantyhose
bras with straps
shoes that are higher than a kitten heel
taking a bath, hurts to get in and out
being on my knees
shoulderbags
any vehicle that isn't a SUV or truck
poking by doctors trying to find tender points and trigger points

I have a mattress that is firm and has that extra padding on it. I use a pillow that has a hole indented in the center so it cradles my neck. I put pillows between my legs or one to my side to flop my leg over. I feel more comfortable with the weight of blankets on my legs. I have a heavy blanket that came from Greece, it is folded in 4ths and covers me from my knees down. All year 'round. When it's cold I use an electric blanket just warm enough to take the chill off of the sheets. If I do get hot in the warmer months I just take an ice pack to bed with me.

Hope you find something that helps. Meanwhile, I'll be wishing everyone comfort and relaxation.

DeBeachSiren
Siren has it nailed down perfectly, unfortunately these extra sensitive spots move around anid are normal for us with fibro. I couldn't hurt to have your doc check to see if you some other condition that is making areas of your body more sensitive. I have carpal tunnel, tennis elbow and bursitis in both arms but the right is very severe to the point of being unable to use it or thinking of ways to chop the darn thing off so it will leave me alone . I have had multiple cortisone shots that have helped and given me some peace, soon I will be seeing a new doc that specializes in upper extremity issues so am hopeful that this will be a ray of light.

I hope you can get some relief and hope nothing else is wrong fibro is enough, for anyone. (((Hugs)))

Good Luck,
Susie

Old 10-26-2008, 04:57 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I said for years that my skin hurts. I finally found out why when I was diagnosed with fibro. It hurts to put pressure on any part of my body, yes like Debeach says....the dog jumping on me etc.. The hardest part is when my grandson wants to sit on my lap, oh that hurts enough to bring tears to my eyes sometimes but I wouldn't ever say anything to him. He is growing up so fast and he won't want to sit on my lap for that long anymore. My chest and rib cage hurt so much to the touch, I am very ticklish and sometimes friends still like to poke at my ribs just to tease me. Oh boy does that hurt, luckily it is just a gentle tap.

Yes, I am sure it is just a part of fibro but yes, yes, yes, it hurts all over.

Glojer

Old 10-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

roses4lace HB User

That is just the pits with you hurting all the time. Unfortunately, I know exactly what it's like. I have been diagnosed with fibro. About 3 years ago, the pain in my arms, legs, just every spot on my body was horrible. To barely bump my hand felt like someone hit it with a hammer. When I quit eating wheat/ gluten products, most of the pain went away. It comes back when I accidentally ingest the slightest amount of wheat. My suggestion is to try eliminating wheat, at least for a week or two, to see if there is any difference. It can't hurt, and might help. Good luck on finding something that helps relieve the pain.

Last edited by roses4lace; 10-26-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Sorry that you are in so much pain! I was in a flare last year for about 9 months before I was diagnosed. Even the fabric on the couch hurt my skin. This is nerve pain. Talk to you doctor about options to help with it. I take Lyrica which helps.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #15
(female)

BILLSLUV30 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansMom444 View Post
Does anyones arms, like the lower part or upper arm...........or legs hurt when a lil pressure is applied?

If someone pokes me on my forearm, its tender. Anyone else?
THX

Closed Thread