It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Anyone have severe pain that moves around?

Hi, I have the usual achy feeling and my knees always hurt and low back. However, I seem to get a very sharp, severe pain in one area, such as shoulder, for about 3-4 days, then it goes somewhere else, like the buttocks, or my neck.

I always think, well, maybe I have something REALLY wrong with that one area, then just when I'm about to go complain to the doctor and ask for an x-ray, the severe pain moves to another spot.

The worst pain is the chest-shoulder area. I think I am having a heart attack because I have a lot of risk factors for that--HBP, high cholesterol, overweight, family history. One time I went to the ER and they kept me overnight and ended up sending me home after a lot of tests. They did find that my heart was *enlarged* from years of High blood pressure, so I went to a cardiologist and he changed my medicines. He told me to always go the
ER with chest pain, but I would be there a lot if I did that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
(female)

newtjudy HB User
Re: Anyone have severe pain that moves around?

I know exactly what your describing. I have a pretty much constant ache in my lower back but then I get sharp pains for a few days sometimes only a day or so in different areas including my chest. The first time this happened in my chest it really scared me but it went away by the next day so I decided it must have been nothing to major, once my arm hurt so bad I went to the clinic and they told me I had tennis elbow...fortunatley it went away in about 4 days...lol. sorry no advice but I can sympathize. best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 AM   #3
(female)

myree71 HB User
Question Re: Anyone have severe pain that moves around?

Hi Rita,
I hear ya loud and clear and feel for ya...
My pain is always in my lower back, but I have pain in my shoulders, left hip, ribs, both legs, jaw pain and neck pain...it just moves around. Weather has an effect on it too... I understand how you feel,you don't know if it is something serious (because the pain is sooo bad) or just the "normal" fibro pain

Old 11-05-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Yes, I have achiness kinda all over, but have someplaces that will hurt for a day or two and go away.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
(female)

vickyo HB User

My shooting pains move around, but alot more quickly. Maybe a different place every day or so.

Last edited by vickyo; 11-05-2008 at 08:59 AM.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
(female)

Yvette D HB User

It is so funny because I described the different areas of my pains as a "traveling pain" to my doctor and he just wrinkled his forehead as if he never heard that before.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

YES but my pains move around throughout the DAY. I will get a pain that pulsates for a second to hours to go away and move to another spot or come back to that spot later.

My pains feel VERY deep and best noted as a toothache type pain. I have never had pains like this. Usually it will hit my ankle, a random finger, etc.

I also have other odd issues going on-tingling/buzzing that is on and off in left foot, non stop muscle twitches everywhere, nerve pains,EXTREME JOINT CRACKING. All my tests-blood, mri etc have been clear, just stenosis in my neck but dr said not the cause of all my issues as its too widespread.

I dont have tender points though so dont know if its fibro

Closed Thread