It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User
Water-Soluble Magnesium Citrate - Better than Lyrica?

I came of Lyrica/Cymbalta because they shut down my waste systems. Soon after, I was back to no sleep at night, you know, the usual for someone with this stuff. A friend recommended water-soluble magnesium; went to the local health store and they gave me magnesium citrate 500mg. Helps sleep and constipation. I'm now just on a very low dose of amitryptylene and flexiril with the magnesium citrate. It's a world of difference I just wanted to pass on; I've slept eight hours even during the pms stuff (big difference between the water-soluble magnesium and just magnesium tablets--tablets helped my chocolate cravings, but did nothing for sleep/constipation like the water-soluble did). Apparently whoever started the thread on vitamins/amino acids that eventually became a sticky item on this board found a lot of worth in supplements, too. Y'all have a good night. Just wanted to share.

Last edited by baserockermom; 11-19-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

sweetjerseygirl HB User
Re: Water-Soluble Magnesium Citrate - Better than Lyrica?

Good Morning B.R.M. So good to see you again, you've been missed, of course that could have been on my part also. Glad you posted this, i think it was you i told i do meds for awhile and vitamins and meds and then just vitamins. Clean out the body somewhat, the thing with the vitamins are they take awhile i will always say 3-4 months for the full effect and you still may have the really bad days where you need something extra. I'm not sure it that will ever go away. I already take magnesium citrate w/zinc, so i will have to check into the water-soluble type.

I have been taking vitamin D-3 2000 iu and vitamin A & D, so when i upped it i started feeling better. So many people talk about vitamin D and i remembered when my best friend told me they think her son had a vitamin D deficency but later was up dated to possible fibromyalgia. So i was really thinking about it and sure enough pow, it was like an extra boost along with my high potency B-complex. I also do clucosamine chondroitin (double strenth) along with a few more. Yes the vitamin advise posted on the sticky can be of great value to those tired of putting meds in their body but as she says, you may want to check with your doctor first, we all take different meds so no one can recommend whats good or bad to mix but the doc.

Its a sensitive subject because everyones pain level is different also along with symphoms. People may say Rubbish with the vitamins but i always say do your homework. Exercise, fruits, vegtables ( & water lots of water). They are the natural sources for vitamins also and lots of water will help the toxins go down the river. Knowledge is power. Last year i was struck down again and needed relief big time, now i just want the toxins out of me. They back up my system, i can feel when its too much on my body, i feel bloated and swollen, have trouble going to the bathroom both ways, i gained weight thats not healthy to me. I hardly ever have the really bad Ibs or diventiculis attacks (u have to becareful of what u eat) like i was having. I just was so sick of it, one is bad enough but two, And the crap the doctor told me to take wasnt really helping, i tried two of his prescriptions when i told him that the last time, he practically jumped down my throat and told me i should be glad i didnt have anything worse, I walked out of there and told my husband i will never go back to him, so i called another Gastro and told them i wanted to set another appointment for a second opinion, they asked who my doctor was and i was told no because he was the best in our county, and they couldnt do anymore than what he recommended, that was without evern checking me out personally. Want to talk about feeling insulted. Some doctors are horrible anymore, never mind what you may see on T.V. So it took awhile but now Probiotics & enzymes, heathy bacteria that cleans the colon. I am so much better now.

Ok sorry i have babbled enough, its really cold here in Florida, but i have not had a flair and my R.A. is not acting up as it always does, I probably shouldnt speak too soon, but its the vitamins, i swear ! Call me crazy thats ok also, maybe its all in the mind but its working. Rebuilding the mind, body & cells, is rebuilding the soul. Also talking on this board has been such a big help with all of you, when the bad times do come around, i have all of you, thats the best medicine ever. Hope you have a good day today and always............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread