It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User
We take a ton of meds how do you space them?

It seems as if I'm taking a pill every 20 minutes and sometimes I forget to take one (well, truthfully I forget a LOT )

I am to scared to take all of them together.

How do you take your pills? all at once or do you space them?

Be Well All.

Belle~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: We take a ton of meds how do you space them?

hi belle,
i have these containers i fill with morning and night meds. i shove them all in my mouth and guzzle some water. with the containers i know if i took my meds or not. i used to get really confused about them. so many bottles. now i only see the bottles every 3 weeks when it is time to fill the little purple containers up.
i do have one med i have to take in the afternoon and often forget it. thankfully it is one i can get away with forgetting sometimes.
as for the pain med i take that only if needed and never more than 3 in one day. my rule for me.
i have been doing my meds this way for about 8 years i think. so far no problems.
so i guess i am a chugger. i just want them in and done with. i take 10 pills in the a.m and 9 at night. i just toss them all in my hand grab my water and down it all at once.
hope that helps you.
peace and hugs,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi just wan to say lm the same l dont take any kinds together at all!!! Im wary of effects too but when the docs give us them they know or should know about any possibel reactions but thats just the way l am too lol ps l only take them when l really need too esp the pain killers, l do however have to have my thyroxine every day. Just want to let you know lm like that too lol take care x

Old 11-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

I take both psychiatric and "medical" meds, also on thyroxine. I take them all at once in the a.m., except that I have to take the Synthroid earlier all by itself for it to work properly.

I have a few at night, too. Like Blue, I take a ton of them, plus my vitamins and magnesium, acidopholus, Mucinex, and I have mine in those little boxes, too. Once in a while I forget if I've taken them or not, so I made a checklist on my fridge, with two columns on it and the days of the week, and I check off the meds as I take them.
Once, I thought I forgot and took them twice, and that was enough to teach me to make that list!

Oh, and my doctors tell me exactly when to take them, too, so I follow their directions.

Seaturtle

Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I have morning meds and bedtime meds. I take my thyroid med first thing when I get up. Then after an hour I eat and somewhere in the A.M. I take 4 other meds, two prescription and 2 OTC suggested by my doc. I take them all at once, put them in my hand and swallow them down with lots of water, it is seven pills all together 'cause I take four of one med. Then I try to space my vitamins out during the day, sometimes my tummy doesn't like some of the vitamins. I always try to take them with some food and that helps. I do miss days of vitamins though. Nightime meds are all at once, I swallow with a lot of water. Since you shouldn't take calcium with or close to your thyroid meds, I take them at night and those big horse pills are the only ones I take one at a time. Besides calcium is suppose to help with sleep. I keep my med bottles grouped in a container that I can just take off the shelf and get what I need. I have tried the little days of the week things and they aren't bad and I have done the little plastic bags but I have found that just keeping the bottles together in a container and grabbing the whole thing works best for me.

Glojer

Last edited by Glojer; 11-29-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Closed Thread