It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
anyone know about bloodwork results?

i hope someone can help me with this lab lingo! my new rheumy wanted to run some bloodwork...so he did, then i get a phone call that it had abnormalties and they wanted to run somemore.....don't have the results yet.
here are my first results.......
ana...positive
ana titer...1:160
ana pattern, reflex...homogeneous
tsh, ultrasensitive...0.833
sed rate...3rheumatoid factor...<6.3
crp...0.5

these are the new ones i just got done......
sjogren's abs (ssa & ssb)
crp (non-cardiac)
rheumatoid factor
sed rate
dna ds ab, lgg
ena antibodies

as far as i know is ra and lupus testing......anyone know what else?
it does'nt tell me alot on the net...thanks so much if anyone knows what any of these are.......take care, bevann

Old 12-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: anyone know about bloodwork results?

hi all...i pulled this up again hoping maybe someone just missed it. i really am in need of someone that knows the abbrev. and what they stand for. anyone?

you all take care.........bevann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

CRP is c-reactive protein, a general marker for inflammation. Sedimentation rate is how fast you clot. Too much CRP or too rapid clotting can both be signs of autoimmune disease.

Not totally sure about the others, though I think they're all similar. Basically, he thinks you have an autoimmune disease and he wants to pin it down.

Hopefully, you will get solid answers and effective treatment soon.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thankyou jane....i think he's looking for ra, sjogren's, crp, sed rate which was high, epstein barr/mono,and lupus.
it will be a week tomorrow since my last bloodwork...supposedly he will then be able to dx me. i just get up tight waiting. plus going in on 1/6/09 for my elbow replacement is effecting my nerves! i know why my fibro has been in a flare for almost a month now. have been having awful weakness in my muscles which is scaring me to walk w/out my cane right now. i hate that cane....all it does get in the way!
hope you are doing well, thanks again for replying,,,,bevann

Old 12-27-2008, 06:20 AM   #5
(female)

PAinMA HB User

ana is antinuclear antibodies and can signal autoimmune disease. a positive ana test is one of the diagnostic criteria for lupus. however, the test alone is not diagnostic. do you have any other signs/symptoms?

there are different types of positive ana, depending on what the patterns observed under the microscope are. homogenous (diffuse) ana is associated with SLE (lupus) and mixed connective tissue disease

while about 90-95% of patients with lupus have a positive ana, not everyone who has + ana has lupus!

the doctor should now test you fo a more specific type of ana, to further narrow things down. for examples, tests for anti-Sm, anti-RNP, SS-A, and SS-B are more specific than plain ole ana.

hope that helps!

Old 12-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

bevann, you got some good info about the ANA tests. The doc is looking for more specific info for lupus or other autoimmune disease with his new tests. Your TSH being sensitive and with that number (0.833) puts you in the hyperthyroid area. Having thyroid problems can cause a positive ANA, at least that is what the docs told me. Let me clarify something....you are not hyperthyroid at that number....you are just on what is called the high end of the scale. Which should be 0.4 to 5.0.

PAinMA gave you the scoop on the lupus tests, the doc is just looking for more info. Hang in there, let us know how things work out.

Glojer

Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

thankyou all for your help. after a wk i called the doc office and still no results. had a pretty good break from fibro until late afternoon yesterday....this morning i could hardly get out of bed! for about a month now, i have been having...pain...muscle spasms..deep burning everywhere and daily headaches.....awful fatiqe, etc.
i knew my anxiety was bad needing an elbow replacement....but along came the bloodwork and really threw me!
ok...i've whined enough now!!!...wishing you better days to come....bevann

Old 12-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

The symptoms you described bevann are similar to mine these days. Burning and deep muscle pain and headaches. Oh the headaches they are driving me crazy. I was thinking it was weather, but we have very different weather, you and I.

Some of the blood tests for specific autoimmune problems take a little longer and then of course you have the waiting factor at most docs offices. Let us know how things turn out and how you are doing.

Glojer

Closed Thread