It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
(female)

kah4961 HB User
Extreme Fatigue!

I am new to this board. I am 21 and newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have been seeing doctors for three years for constant pain and EXTREME fatigue plus an enormous bag of other symptoms! I am a full time student and have a waitressing job. I feel like sometimes the fatigue is harder to overcome than the pain. I have heard of vitamins that help, does anyone know of any?

Old 12-30-2008, 06:46 AM   #2
(female)

Snickers60 HB User
Post Re: Extreme Fatigue!

Yes, Sublingual B-12 helps a lot. A good multi vitamin. A B-50 (very important - all the b's in it).

We're glad you are here but sorry you are suffering. Soooo sorry.

MSM with glucosamine/chrondrotin is also good for inflammation and pain.

Fatigue is the worst to me....I can push on with the pain a lot of times, but that fatigue is awful.

I hope this helps a little.......and again....WELCOME.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Extreme Fatigue!

kah, always make sure your thyroid is working properly. Do a little research about the thyroid and TSH levels and get copies of your bloodwork. I always caution this because my fatigue was so bad, but lessened when I finally was treated for hypothyroid and got it under control.

For vitamins, like snicker says a good B vitamin and possible Magnesium. I take Malic Acid as Magnesium Malate it helps with the muscle pain and can help with fatigue. Selenium is also good for your immune system and VitD is also very good.

There is also some diet concerns that may help your fatigue. Don't know how much sugar you eat, but staying away from sugar is really good to help with fibro and the fatigue. Some people have suggested other food type allergies as being a problem and staying away from wheat products and/or going gluten free helps. There are lots of others with better diet info than I have. Sugar is the big one for me and just trying to eat a sensible healthy diet helps me. Good Luck.

Glojer

Last edited by Glojer; 12-30-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Closed Thread