It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
(female)

cheryl810 HB User
Question Anyone with Fibro have really really dry skin?

Just wondering if anyone in our fibro world have extremely dry flaking skin everywhere or is it just me with another problem? My skin is so so dry in my ears, scalp and face that it's very itchy and flakes, very embarassing. II'm 32 and all of a suden I have really bad acne! I haven't had acne like this since grade school. My face is so sensitive to cleansers and moisturizers etc; I break out with these large under the skin sore pimples and big blackheads. As I said my skin on my face is flaking badly too; all of a sudden. I've tried all kinds of lotions and such but nothing works.
I have to make a dermatologist appt.

Does anyone else have this problem??

Old 01-01-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Anyone with Fibro have really really dry skin?

hi cheryl,
have you been to a dermatologist? mine said the break outs were called adult puberty, his made up name for the hormonal changes that bring acne to us as adults.
i found a lotion at my organic store that helps my skin. if you wear makeup i suggest you stop. i did and it really helped. i also got topical antibiotics that cleared it up without drying my skin. all from the doc with a script.
nice to meet you.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
(female)

lifonahil HB User

OMG i have the same thing. Even my ears itch. Sometimes i scratch so hard that i make them bleed. But i thought mine was from menopause. Maybe its not. I don't know.

Fibro,Mgus,Palindromic Rheumatism. Cervical spinal stenosis

Aunt Laura

Old 01-02-2009, 04:55 AM   #4
(female)

cheryl810 HB User

Hi Bluelakelady,
I haven't made the dermotogist appt yet but I'm going to. I've always had oily skin all my life, so bad that even the moisturizers and make up that are for oily skin made me break out. It was through alot of trial and error to find the right foundation for me not break out and for the most part I don't. I know it's not good but I stay away from all moisturizers just because it makes me breakout bad; it always has.
But now all of sudden with having fibro, my skin is SO SO dry that my scalp, lips, face and ears ALL are so dry and itch that they flake big! I know you're not suppose to do this but I end using a tweezer to take the big flakes off my face that is covered with make up. My ears get such a buildup of dry skin that I clear it out and it bleeds. My lips, forget it; right now they look like someone beat me up they're so dry. They crack and bleed no matter how much balm I put on them.
But I feel like it happens sort of like a fibro flare; I feel like I'm at the end of the big breakout on my face; all of the under the skin sore pimples are going away and going back to normal. I've tried NOT wearing make up and there's two reasons I would never go out in public like that. One, some people like me are much better off WITH make up, there's no way I'm one of those lucky girls that can go out with no make up, I look so guant and tired looking. 2nd my skin for some reason breaks out with out make up; it's like it needs something to cover it. Men usually say to keep the make up off but my husband agrees with me; keep the make up on, it's just the way it is for me.
I have a twin sister and she has NONE of the problems I have, though she went to a dermotologist a year ago and she said it for her too. They gave her some kind of sulfer retinol face wash. At the time she went my skin was okay but I definitely need to go now. Thanks for your response!!

Old 01-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
(female)

cheryl810 HB User

Hi Lifonahil,

Thank God I'm not alone!! Isnt' it weird to have these "teenage" problems as an adult? My ears are so dry like you; I have to admit that I clear it out or sometimes the dry stuff just falls out but like you they end up bleeding then they have to heal. As I said; it's all of a sudden for the past year or so but worse now. My skin cleaning regimin hasn't changed so why the breakouts? I feel like that ever since I got the fibro I've gotten a lot of things going on that never happened before. It could just be coinscidense (spelling?) but I don't think so. I hate it because like I said I have an identical twin and she has NONE of my problems; it's just unfair. Thanks for sharing!!

Closed Thread