It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
moist heating pads?

does anyone find that moist heating pads work for the pain? i can't seem to get any relief. from hot showers, ice packs or anything.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: moist heating pads?

hello,
the last thing my therapist does (after all that exercise, pant, pant) is put that lovely warm moist pad on for 20 minutes. i love it and i leave feeling great. i have one at home too. fortunatly i also have a hot tub and live in it during the winter.
for me it helps. perhaps it will help you too. remember tho to get up and move around often.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

well what if your entire body hurts do they have a life size one? lol I wonder If my doctor will have me do physical therapy and what not. I just have to wait till feb.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Moist heat is good. I also love my menthol based topical pain relievers. The effect doesn't last long, but if I put it on just before bed, it tends to keep me comfortable long enough that I can fall asleep.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
(female)

lifonahil HB User

Long warm baths. Sometimes i turn the hot really hot as i can stand because that is the only time my body feels at ease. Sometimes i am in the tub for hours. I get like a shrivaled prune. Sorry about the spelling i think its brainfog.

Fibro,Mgus,Palindromic Rheumatism. Cervical spinal stenosis

Aunt Laura

Old 01-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Hi,

If it's more muscular, trigger points I use a moist heating pad, I get the biggest I can find. I spray it with Scottish Linen Spray (lavender scent), I use it to iron too. The scent is really relaxing as a bonus. Mostly this works between the shoulders and neck.
BUT........I use ice everywhere else. Epsom salts in a nice hot bath, a candle and Josh Groban singing is wonderful to me. Showers with one of those adjustable showerheads is great. I use the one that's like rain for washing my hair, as it hurts to use anything harder, but for the neck and shoulders it's as hard as the water can hit. Hot tubs are nice.......wish I could afford one.

Hugs to all,
DeBeachSiren

Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I got a moist heading pad. It's just the normal size but it helps so much. It came with a sponge and you just run it under warm water and squeeze the access water out and put it on top of the heating pad. It gets really hot to. When I get up I feel so much better. Until the heat wears off of course.

Closed Thread