It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

moetwins HB User
Chest/heart pain?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has ever had chest pain from their FM? I have been having pain right where my heart is. I went to an immediate care place yesterday and they did an EKG, it came back with a blip on it so they wanted me to go see my primary doctor today. My doctor told me that the problem called RBBB but it's nothing to worry about. The pain feels like it's coming from my heart, has anyone ever felt like this before?

Last edited by moetwins; 01-05-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Chest/heart pain?

I once spoke to an elderly man who had fibromyalgia. He claimed that he once had chest pain, went to the hospital, mild heart attack.

Happened again, same pain, went to hospital, nothing wrong with heart, fibromyalgia symptom.

So, yes, it can happen. Although with severe chest pain, it is obviously better to take it seriously every time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

moetwins HB User

Thanks for your reply janewhite1 . I am going to see a cardiologist in a few weeks, I am hoping that he has me take a stress test just to make sure that everything is ok. I haven't had that sharp pain in my heart again but my chest and even ribs hurt now.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
(female)

deltastarr HB User

I'm glad you are seeing a Cardio fella. It is best to rule out any heart prob first. I had an echo-cardio gram, (ultrasound-like dealy) and it showed I have a heart valve prob but not a bad one...probably had it all my life. FM does have a rib bone pain that is severe, feels like a heart attack....but is always best to err on side of caution with cardio checkup first. I get panicky sometimes when I get the rib bone pain and wonder if it is heart or the valve dealy....then I take my Blood Pressure/pulse and it is normal, figure it is the FM from there. Is creepy tho...to have such confusing pain and so intense that you gotta wonder until proved otherwise. I hate that when it happens! Keep us posted. Blessings/hugs Del

Old 01-17-2009, 02:45 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

I get fluttery at times. I'm 53 and have a valve that got a little messed up from scarlet fever when I was about 4 years old.

DeBeachSiren

Old 01-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
(female)

moetwins HB User

Thank you both for your reply's ! deltastarr, I am a little nervous about my first visit to see the cardiologist, what usually happens on your first visit? Thanks again.

Closed Thread