It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
face sore to the touch?

I noticed something new today. On the right side of my face right near the ear on the left side that bone when I press it's sore to the touch. I don't have any pain only when I press it. Does this happen to anymore?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

deltastarr HB User
Re: face sore to the touch?

I get symptoms like that sometimes just before my tmj starts up...jaw joints on both sides flare-up. This week I had something new...intermittent numbness and tingling on the right side of my face. I take my blood pressure/pulse often at home and it wasn't from high bp I don't think. Had normal readings each time. It would come and go during some part of every day. Weird. I wonder if a heating pad would help your situation. Sometimes, I just get intense soreness/pain in one ear and the jaw bone next to it and the doctor gives me a shot to quell the inflamation. I think the shot is Cortisone. I get prednisone pills at times but they give me bad heart burn for some reason. Hugs and Blessings to all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

hmmm. It only hurts when i Press the bone there on the side of my face. I don't have pain. I never notice this before.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
(female)

deltastarr HB User

Gee, now that you mention it, I have a weird dealy like that going on in my right elbow. I don't feel anything wrong about it until I apply pressure on it, (lean on it). I never had that kinda dealy before. Usually, I have consistent pain or spasms. I can't remember if I banged it a while back? Still, the pain is odd, occurring only upon pressure. Another new kinda symptom thingy...I hope not. Take care.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltastarr View Post
Gee, now that you mention it, I have a weird dealy like that going on in my right elbow. I don't feel anything wrong about it until I apply pressure on it, (lean on it). I never had that kinda dealy before. Usually, I have consistent pain or spasms. I can't remember if I banged it a while back? Still, the pain is odd, occurring only upon pressure. Another new kinda symptom thingy...I hope not. Take care.
That makes me feel better. That it's just not me. the other side of my face does not hurt. It's just the bone. I was wondering maybe I banged it. I do sleep mostly on my left side maybe I just leaned the wrong way. Now that you said you are having the same problem. Maybe it's a Fibro thing.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
(female)

deltastarr HB User

I have a big, heavy wooden headboard on my bed and I thrashed around too much once and banged my head...silly me. Well, that same spot on my head hurt for a good while afterwards. I think it brought on a Fibro episode in that area. The FM sure makes me clumsy anyway too. (Then again, maybe I just have a big head)! Blessings/hugs.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

I have that kind of pain all over my body and when I tell the Doctor he say's it is just another symptom of Fibro.

I have tried long warm baths, heating pads, ice packs, everything I can think of but nothing helps.

Talk to your Doctor or Rhuemy, hopefully he/she can help.

I hope you feel better soon!

Belle~

Old 01-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
(female)

deltastarr HB User

I always get mixed up about the "trigger points" fibro test as it hurts every place where those are, where the doctor touches. Now, I'm beginning to see that the same pain can be in any/all parts of the body and not just at those trigger points. It's like Fibro is "intelligent" and moves around or "spreads" to any or all parts of the body. (Elbow, face, etc.) Yikes! Never thought of it that way. Hugs/Blessings.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltastarr View Post
I always get mixed up about the "trigger points" fibro test as it hurts every place where those are, where the doctor touches. Now, I'm beginning to see that the same pain can be in any/all parts of the body and not just at those trigger points. It's like Fibro is "intelligent" and moves around or "spreads" to any or all parts of the body. (Elbow, face, etc.) Yikes! Never thought of it that way. Hugs/Blessings.
The test they do with the Tender points are just the places that are tender where they test. But you can actually hurt all over not in the places where they do the test.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
(female)

MidnightDiva HB User

near the ear sounds like tmj.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDiva View Post
near the ear sounds like tmj.
what is tmj? It only hurts when I press. I don't have any pain. I'll ask the doctor about it when I go.

Last edited by SnowBunny89; 01-14-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:01 AM   #12
(female)

Soreface HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny89 View Post
I noticed something new today. On the right side of my face right near the ear on the left side that bone when I press it's sore to the touch. I don't have any pain only when I press it. Does this happen to anymore?
Hi...yes I have been suffering with a sore jaw for about 7 months now, but only in the last few days, the skin over my jaw bone is sooo sore to touch..Have no idea what this is all about.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:02 AM   #13
(female)

Soreface HB User

OMG......sorry, think I wrote in the wrong area...was just talking about my saw jaw and my face being sore...it is so annoying and distracting...

Closed Thread