It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
pain in the pads of your feet?

I have been going out shopping. lifting wood to burn in the fireplace etc. I hadn't done that in a few days. Today I went out. and my legs the backs of my calfs, and the pads of my feet hurt. Does anyone ever have pain on the pads of their feet?

Old 01-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
(female)

deltastarr HB User
Smile Re: pain in the pads of your feet?

Heavens yes! I overdid when we sold our house and moved recently...lifting, moving stuff, up late un-packing and such. Boy, did my feet, (pads) and even the palms of my hands, paid me back..Lasted a week or more. Couldn't hardly walk it was so intense for a while. I sure had to rest up for quite a while after that dealy. I pushed myself and I had a feeling I'd pay the piper afterwars...sure enuf! Soaking your feet while watching tv may help...long, very warm foot soaks in a basin of epsom salts or even bubble bath helps. You are gonna have to try and really pamper yourself a bit more for a bit. I hope you can do so. Hugs/Blessings delta

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: pain in the pads of your feet?

Snow Bunny,

Does it hurt when you get right out of bed? When you put your feet down on the ground do you almost fall cause of the pain??
It could be Plantar Fascitis (SP). I am not sure if this is related or not to Fibromyalgia. I guess it could be. I had that and underwent a long period of treatment for it. CONSTANT Injections in the bottom of my feet. It did help. Get twinges every now and then, do deal with the calf issue once in a while but the bottom of my feet are MUCH better. Maybe someone else on this board may know if there is a conection or not. Im new.

HUGGS

Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

oh yes, i have the pad foot pain. i went to a foot doctor and he confirmed plantar fasciitis with ultrasound. The best results i get to relieve pain is using muscle pain therapy lotion and many different brands are in stores.
i think it's the menthol in it that gives the cool feeling that can relieve some pain.

BeHappy2

Old 01-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl View Post
Snow Bunny,

Does it hurt when you get right out of bed? When you put your feet down on the ground do you almost fall cause of the pain??
It could be Plantar Fascitis (SP). I am not sure if this is related or not to Fibromyalgia. I guess it could be. I had that and underwent a long period of treatment for it. CONSTANT Injections in the bottom of my feet. It did help. Get twinges every now and then, do deal with the calf issue once in a while but the bottom of my feet are MUCH better. Maybe someone else on this board may know if there is a conection or not. Im new.

HUGGS
Not it never hurt today only when I went food shopping and was walking a lot. It doesn't hurt anymore.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
(female)

beth67 HB User

I get horrible pain in the feet in the morning. It just baffles me how bad my feet can hurt when they have been doing nothing all night. Heaven help me if the house catches on fire because I don't think I could run out of the house. I have a small ball next to my bed and before I put any pressure on my feet i sit on the side of the bed and massage my feet with the ball on the floor. I also gently bend my big toe toward the arch of my foot for thirty seconds.

Beth

Old 01-17-2009, 05:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

Hi Snow Bunny. I get that sometimes and its so bad I cringe when I have to put my feet on the floor...kinda like a slow deep pain goes from my knees to my feet...great, just great another thing I have to deal with.

It only happens 4-5 times a year and I've found if I can walk for a few minutes that it goes away so I think it's just arthritis letting me know what it can do to me...a BIG FAT HUGE REMINDER...I know..I know.. Arthritis can't talk but you gotta admit that it talks to us by our pain with it

I hope all have a nice day

Belle~

Closed Thread