It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

brookeysma HB User
Fibro and tingling hands and feet

Hello. My doctor is still trying to diagnose my symptoms but is leaning towards fibromyalgia pending the outcome of blood work. He has put me on neurontin and gave me some Darvocet but I have not been taking that because the neurontin seems to help with the pain. Among other symptoms, my hands and feet have been tingling extremely bad today! Is this normal because it is the strangest feeling and I am a little nervous. In addition, they feel swollen but dont really look it and I am having trouble with my dexterity. I was wondering if any of you have experienced this?

Old 01-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User
Re: Fibro and tingling hands and feet

I had the tingling hands and feet really bad for a long time. My doc started me on the neurotin on a low dose and it didn't help at first. He finally got me up to 300 mg 3 x per day and it helps with that symptom for the most part. I am not saying it doesn't happen anymore but nothing like it use to. Now if I am having a really bad flare-up, it will get bad but it does eventually go away. One thing that I do that helps is I wear my shoes everyday because that seems to help with the tingling in my feet. I wear them whether I am having the tingling or not. It keeps my feet from hurting to bad. If I happen to sit down and put my feet up I may take my shoes off but not very often. Just thought I would let you know what works for me. Have a great day. Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

brookeysma HB User

Thank you for your reply. This is all new to me so any info I can get is extremely helpful.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

This could be paresthesia, which sometimes occurs with fibro, basically it means your limbs feel funny.

Or, it could be mild nerve compression due to muscle spasm, but all 4 limbs at once seems unlikely. I usually just get hands

Closed Thread