It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
Itching like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY! I figured out why I have been itching like crazy. It started weeks ago with my back itching. And my hands. now this week a day after I took a shower my head, face, ears, legs was itching I was itching all over. I just found a website it says it's a common FMS. It feels like you have ants all over. And that's how I have been feeling. arrrrrg! At least I know now It's been driving me nuts. I thought It was the soap. It says to use cold packs and to moisturize your skin well. I wanted to post this for anyone else who has this problem? Have the same problem is me. please post!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Itching like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi bunny,
hey i remember that! i don't have it anymore so maybe it will leave you too. i seem to recall it lasted off and on for about 3 years. then one day i realized it had not happened it a long time. your post reminded me.
the way i got thru it was to look at my skin where the ants were and tell my brain, see? do you see there is nothing there? now calm down. then i would gently rub the area instead of scratching. sends the brain a different message. i think the nerve endings get out of whack and we have to retrain them. it used to make me batty. i also was covered in boo-boos from scratching without realizing i was doing it. plugging in and retraining seems to have worked.
i can't remember the last time it bothered me. i think it must be at least 5 years.
perhaps for you it will be a phase aspect of fibro as it was for me. i hope so. till then, don't scratch. gently rub and talk to yourself. alot~!
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

'll try that. Ants go away. lol I hope it will go away!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
(female)

Smashing HB User

Me too!!...I have scrathed the underside of my chest and my ankles raw at night, doctor said it was a fungal infection and gave me cream to use but the itching moves! It could seriously make a person crazy...er!
Colleen

Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
(female)

bonnie1956 HB User

I just started with the itching the last few days. I even wake up scatching myself (like I really needed another thing to affect my trying to sleep). I thought it might be caused by the pain meds I am taking???

Old 02-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Ugh! I sympathize. Try taking benedryl during itchy flares.

Bye!
Kirstee

Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
(female)

Grammy to Sadie HB User

I have had chronic hives for a little over three years. There is no rhyme or reason, which they classify as "idiopathic", but I do believe fibro plays a part. The hives aren't always bumpy, sometimes it's just flat red, itchy patches and usually it's on each side of my body in the same place. It also gets worse before my period, which I'm sure, is related to hormones. I take Zyrtec each evening, which helps. They usually flare up in one spot and then in another. Frustrating, but getting used to them. Hopefully they'll run their course and then be done soon! Good luck!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
(male)

jackson123 HB User

Ok if the sypmtoms of the itch are that you have it around the tricep area, the toes, ankle and then working upwards.. it could mean a few things ; toxicity in blood due to lack of water, profuse sweating, drinking ginger or heaty food while dehydrated.
it could also be a symptom of vercose veins to come in later life.
check for purple veins in toe areas or swelling as a sign of slow onset of vericose.

CURE FOR SUCH ITCHING
1. Hydrate immediately: drink water gradually but consistently over two hours

2. Leg and Arm raise: to bring the toxic blood out of your triceps and legs, Raise your legs against the wall and also raise arms by placing a cushion behind your head. try to stay in this position for as long as you can. There are various other yoga postions for vericose veins that you can see on the web.
the best yogic position for itching is one that uses gravity to take the blood out of your limbs for a while.
You will immediately loose all itching sensation. (and you will thank me for this miracle)

If the extended period of leg and arm raise in tandem with 2 liters of water over two hours does not help, please see a doctor.

best of luck

The Following User Says Thank You to jackson123 For This Useful Post:
caribear (04-01-2011)
Closed Thread