It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
SO MAD. Have you seen this article? GRRRR

I'm so mad I could spit. Has everyone seen thE article from saying Fibro is not real but it's all in our heads? Mental disorder?:di zzy:
It also says that Doctors don't like to diagnose people because they will just worry about it. I Have severe panic attacks I worry ALOT about everything diseases etc. So when I went and mentioned Fibro she blamed it on my weight when I went back this year I saw it was in the computer I'm saying why did she put Fibro in the computer? When I Went back I showed her a website with all the symptoms and told her I really think I have this she did a tender point test and I was diagnosed. So it was like She couldn't hide it from me. She knew I was reading sites anyways.

I totally disagree with this article FIBRO IS REAL IT'S NOT IN MY HEAD OR A MENTAL DISORDER. I have pain everyday in the pain is real.

Fibro fog this morning I wake up and Can't even remember going to sleep last night or if It was afternoon and took a nap. It took me a while to realize it was morning. I feel like I have alzheimer's. 16 thousand people voted that it's real.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-14-2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

The following user gives a hug of support to SnowBunny89:
ebonyangel1 (11-04-2010)
Old 02-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: SO MAD. Have you seen this article? GRRRR

hi bunny,
haven't seen it and am not the least bit surprised. take a chill pill girlfriend and perhaps fire your doctor and find another. back when i was diagnosed mental therapy was suggested. i knew it was a help aid to adapting not a cure. each to their own opinion, i say. i just fire the ones who don't have open minds.
we know it is real. we live it. science only thinks about it. they don't live it. science changes its mind like i change panties.
i refuse to let them anger me. lest we forget fibro loves to eat anger and what does it spit out? yea, pain. big pain. no ones opinion is worth that to me. i have a good team of doctors and their support staff. i hand picked them. well worth the initial stress of finding them.
so, to the writer i would say, you are entitled to your opinion so long as you and i realize it is only that, an opinion. and i am entitled to mine.
peace my friend,
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Yep...I saw it on line......and NO IT IS NOT IN OUR HEAD !! I hurt, my body hurts. My muscles twitch, sometimes its hard just to get up the stairs, IM TIRED !!

I am sure who ever had anything to do with this article obviously does not have Fibro, and if they dsid have Fibro there views would be MUCH DIFFERENT.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

What a laughable article that was. People who write articles like that do no good to what is already a very difficult syndrome to live with.

Kirstee

Old 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

That was a little harsh bluelakelady! I'm a bit new to this entire Fibro thing and I'm in pain EVERYDAY and when I read something like that. i got a little upset. And my doctor dismissed it the first time I had mentioned it. But when i went back to see her Fibro was in the computer so IMO she learned something since the time I last saw her. She already diagnosed me.

Last edited by SnowBunny89; 02-14-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl View Post
Yep...I saw it on line......and NO IT IS NOT IN OUR HEAD !! I hurt, my body hurts. My muscles twitch, sometimes its hard just to get up the stairs, IM TIRED !!

I am sure who ever had anything to do with this article obviously does not have Fibro, and if they dsid have Fibro there views would be MUCH DIFFERENT.
It's so frustrating to read an article like that. When you have chronic pain everyday. I was so sore today there was nothing else I could but go to bed. A mental condition? I think not. Whoever wrote that article I don't think knows anything about Fibro. I don't know why so many people don't believe or think it's all in our heads. Over 16 thousand people voted it was a real illness so that's a good thing.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
(female)

jann71 HB User

They wouldn't be so quick to say it wasn't real if they were suffering from it.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I didn't see the article, but sounds like I didn't miss much. People who don't believe in fibro and try to say it is mental are so far behind the times, they aren't worth considering. When they get their head out of the sand and start some 21st century thinking then I will take them serious. There are many diseases that were once thought to be mental problems. No I can't waste my time on the narrow minded, don't let them upset you it will only make your very real fibro pain worse.

Glojer

Old 02-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi bunny,
i am glad for you that your doctor did some reading and is now helping you.
i have been at this for years. diagnosed back when no one thought it was a real physical problem and was all mental, must be depressed, etc. perhaps this is why i give no energy to anything that could upset my precious health, especially the opinions of others. keeping the balance so there is the least pain possible is my total focus. to protect me i cannot allow outside stuff to enter me in any way. when it tries i do deep breathing and remind myself that if i can do fibro i can do anything.
i am sorry if i upset you. that was not my intention.
peace,
blue

Old 02-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
hi bunny,
i am glad for you that your doctor did some reading and is now helping you.
i have been at this for years. diagnosed back when no one thought it was a real physical problem and was all mental, must be depressed, etc. perhaps this is why i give no energy to anything that could upset my precious health, especially the opinions of others. keeping the balance so there is the least pain possible is my total focus. to protect me i cannot allow outside stuff to enter me in any way. when it tries i do deep breathing and remind myself that if i can do fibro i can do anything.
i am sorry if i upset you. that was not my intention.
peace,
blue
It's ok it just bothered me a bit when you told me to take a chill pill. I understand you have been at this for years I have only recently been diagnosed but I sorta had a good idea I had this for a few years. I knew people didn't not believe in Fibro but I have never read an article like that. it was so upsetting that they blame it on a mental disorder just because there is no real test for Fibro. We all know that we have Fibro we know the pain is real and that's all that should matter and ignore what people say. It's just upsetting.

It's OK I know you didn't mean to upset me on purpose!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

I haven't seen an article and obviously I won't now. It is a disease according to the government both federal and state. These kinds of things are mean, but then there are a lot of people that are mean. Think about all of the wonder cures that are on TV and in magazines. The commercials make me really mad.......they need to find someone that actually has it instead of them looking all rosey and perky. Look at those infomercials (which is another thing that ticks me off in general) the body cleanse, ointments, skin zappers (remember that one?), that blue stuff (which I paid for like an idiot cause I hurt so bad, glad they had to take it off the air and got sued). There was an article in our newspaper about a lady from around here that was cured of fibro a few years back. #1, if there was a cure we'd all feel better by now. A little fibro group I'm in read that and we fired off letters to the editor and called the guy that wrote the article. We were on that guy like ugly on an ape. Nicole Kidman's mother was cured of it a few years ago after joining that church Tom Cruise goes to. If I upset someone, sorry. If there were all these things there would be no more fibro or any other related disease. We do get preyed upon. Like I've said in older posts, if we feel bad enough we'd put a chicken around our necks and do whatever if we thought we'd get some relief. Don't take all these things to heart that you see or you'll be upset all of the time. You know what is the truth. Just remember that you're above all of that. Don't stoop to their level okay. Fire off letters to places if they make you angry. Make it public. Embarrass them...........it feels good to do that. I loved that newspaper guy going abeda, abeda, he didn't quite no what to do. Okay, I've done my ranting. Have a Lovely Day,
DeBeachSiren

Old 02-16-2009, 05:41 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBeachSiren View Post
I haven't seen an article and obviously I won't now. It is a disease according to the government both federal and state. These kinds of things are mean, but then there are a lot of people that are mean. Think about all of the wonder cures that are on TV and in magazines. The commercials make me really mad.......they need to find someone that actually has it instead of them looking all rosey and perky. Look at those infomercials (which is another thing that ticks me off in general) the body cleanse, ointments, skin zappers (remember that one?), that blue stuff (which I paid for like an idiot cause I hurt so bad, glad they had to take it off the air and got sued). There was an article in our newspaper about a lady from around here that was cured of fibro a few years back. #1, if there was a cure we'd all feel better by now. A little fibro group I'm in read that and we fired off letters to the editor and called the guy that wrote the article. We were on that guy like ugly on an ape. Nicole Kidman's mother was cured of it a few years ago after joining that church Tom Cruise goes to. If I upset someone, sorry. If there were all these things there would be no more fibro or any other related disease. We do get preyed upon. Like I've said in older posts, if we feel bad enough we'd put a chicken around our necks and do whatever if we thought we'd get some relief. Don't take all these things to heart that you see or you'll be upset all of the time. You know what is the truth. Just remember that you're above all of that. Don't stoop to their level okay. Fire off letters to places if they make you angry. Make it public. Embarrass them...........it feels good to do that. I loved that newspaper guy going abeda, abeda, he didn't quite no what to do. Okay, I've done my ranting. Have a Lovely Day,
DeBeachSiren
Nicole Kidman's mom had Fibro and was really cured? I don't know that I beleieve that. they said there is no cure for Fibro.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

hi bunny,
thanks girlfriend.
peace,
blue

Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #14
(female)

martinka HB User

I read the AP article this morning and it made me angry for a second, then I thought, what does he know?! If he or a friend/family member had fibro he wouldn't have been so quick to report that it is a "murky illness," or questioned that it is a real disease at all.

I was first diagnosed when I was 28 and here I am turning 49 this week and have seen vast improvement in how we are treated (for the most part) by the medical community and the general population as well. So many more people are aware of fibro now, understand it better, and we can't let poops () like that reporter make us question what is an all too real illness. I'm sure he is getting an earful from fellow suffers and maybe it will cause him to pause and think and possibly educate himself a little more. Who knows?

We just need to take the best care of ourselves that we possibly can and not pay attention to the uneducated out there. I hope everyone has a good day!

Kelly

Old 02-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Well said DeBeach, you can write my rants anytime.....giggle!

Closed Thread