It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
(female)

skipfrogs HB User
double vision with eye pain

why am i seeing double vision with eye pain

Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

chilyrabit HB User
Re: double vision with eye pain

i can't say that i know why you have the eye pain or double vision. i can however tell you that i have been seeing double (with my glasses on) for several weeks off and on. it could be a side effect from medicine or a combination of medicine. as far as the eye pain goes, the only time i have had eye pain was the four times i had shingles. then, it was horrible eye socket pain. my suggestion would be check with your doc. hope it all works out well for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
(male)

Peekybro HB User

While I can't really comment on why you have your eye pains. I do too get really bad stinging pain in his eyes. Just picture putting lemon juice or something in eyes, its really bad. I wonder if its connected some how.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
(female)

Renae610 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipfrogs View Post
why am i seeing double vision with eye pain
A specialized eye doctor will have to determine what the cause is for you, but I just want to share with you what was found for my daughter. She was diagnosed with "Convergence Insufficiency (CI)".

CI is a common binocular (two-eyed) vision disorder that is often associated with a variety of symptoms, including: eyestrain, headaches, blurred vision, diplopia [double vision], sleepiness, difficulty concentrating, movement of print while reading, and loss of comprehension after short periods of reading or performing close activities." (quoted from Archives of Ophthalmology. 2008;126(10):1336-1349 )

Other common complaints with CI are:

* short attention span
* frequent loss of place
* squinting, rubbing, closing or covering an eye
* sleepiness during the activity
* trouble remembering what was read
* words appear to move, jump, swim or float
* problems with motion sickness and/or vertigo

It is not unusual for a person with convergence insufficiency to cover or close one eye while reading to relieve the blurring or double vision. Symptoms will be worsened by illness, lack of sleep, anxiety, and/or prolonged close work. You can score 20/20 on a standard vision test, so you need another test for CI.

My daughter not only has CI and Fibromyalgia, but further testing revealed that her underlying cause of both is Chronic Lyme Disease. This may not be the cause of your problem, but if you have symptoms of Lyme, see a LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor, trained by ILADS) for IgeneX lab testing.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Hi,

I get double vision @ times with pulsating lights. It also feels like a drawing down pulling between my eyebrows and bridge of my nose. I hurts in the eye socket behind mostly my left one. This tells me I'm going to have a doozy of a headache within a few hours, complete with barfing. I have a stimulator in my head and even that doesn't help these headaches. My headaches are do to nerve entrapment and migraine medications do not help.

You should have it checked out ASAP in case you drive or are on stairs when this happens. Good luck to you.

DeBeachSiren

Closed Thread