It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
(female)

tb779 HB User
Unhappy fibromyalgia and seizures

I am sooo sore this morning. I had a bad seizure yesterday adn my husband had to call 911. it was a full blown grand Mal. But i am suspecting it was NES,nonepileptic. We were working on our taxes and finances and both under alot of stress,, but before hand I was extremely upset and full of rage. I am not crazy,, at all,, very level headed but under alot of stress. My husband just had gotten out of the hospital for a very serious staph infection and I was working fulltime and trying to be there to take care of him.. I am not complaining about takling care of him. I love him wish I had more energy to do more for him,, that is a slong story. The question is ,, has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I also have short black outs,, time lapse, often,, severe pain,, swelling,, but my test are all normal except some of my mineral and vitamins, vit d defieciency , IGf defiency,, Magnesium, I am taking my supplimets like i should what next? I want my life back.
Teresa.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: fibromyalgia and seizures

hi teresa,
welcome to the boards. were you seen by a doctor when this happened? will you be having an e.e.g.? while i have never had a seizure i do have tremmors sometimes. jerking, mostly head and upper body. visable.
i get time warps. usually because i need one. giggle. i call them trips home to see creation.
stress can manifest in a seizure like overload. still, it is best to have it checked out so you can have your peace of mind. i hope you will be seeing your doctor about this.
again welcome.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

chilyrabit HB User
Re: fibromyalgia and seizures

Hi Teresa and welcome to the board. I certainly hope you are feeling better. You also have my curiosity peaked. I have short blackouts also, not so much now (seems like medicine is controlling). May I ask how short you are talking? Most of mine were less than a minutes for certain.

I also experienced one time when just out of the blue I could not hear or see. It lasted for about 2 minutes and then both gradually came back to normal. The neurologist said it was a typical symptom of severe migraine. I never heard that before. He also adjusted my meds that day.

Then I started just falling down for no reason but from what I understand on this site, its all about the FM. I told both the neurologist and the pain doc and neither seemed remotely concerned. Lucky them!

That is how I found this site, searching on the internet for an exjplanation....back to the blackouts. Are you referring to the blackouts and the time lapses as one in the same? If not, what is the difference? I also have a lot of muscle twitches/tremmors/jerking whatever you want to call it. They don't seem to be so bad right now either with my new medicine.

Now, I have a new symptom from this new med but I am going to start a new thread about it so I get some feedback.

I have never had a full blown seizure. I do know from my own experiences that stress will really kick your butt when you least expect it.

Please update as to how you are doing. I would really like to know.

Have a happy, sun-shiny day.

Kim

Old 03-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
(female)

tb779 HB User
Angry Re: fibromyalgia and seizures

I have had memory lapses and trouble now remembering names,, I believe that because most of my tests come back normal that most doctors feel I have some sort of anxiety disorder. If this is true it is kicking my butt. The seizure was so bad that i somehow injured my left shoulder. Waiting for my orthopedic doc to call me back. If this is all in my head and I am a nut case just put me away now and let me live the mentally ill because i know people are sick of hearing me complain. I just want to either become a hermit or be put with other people just like me. I am a miserable person to live with,, my antidepressant must not be working because i feel like just giving up. Not giving up on life but on doctors all together,, when I had my seizure and the CAT scan came back normal,, and blood work was normal,, the financila people came tomy room before I could leave and wanted money,, my copay,, which I came in ambulance so hubby and I had nothing on us. We have insurance but all they cared about was the money.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Teresa
NE Ohio

Closed Thread