It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
drinking water

When I was first diagnosed with Fibro my Doctor told me to drink lots of water. Why is this important? The other day I actually drank 6 bottles of water. I try to drink as much as possible. But then I'm up peeing too so much. LOL
and how much is too much water I mean too much isn't good either.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: drinking water

hi bunny,
i drink one half gallon of water daily. have for years. it really does help with my energy and weight. also helps with my dental junk. we often mistake dehydration for hunger or illness. with some of the meds we are choosing to take water is essential.
i am very aware when i do not drink enough water. i get tired, my lips dry out, my skin gets papery feeling. drink up girl. you are well within a safe range.
peace and cheers,
bluelakelady
ps. i have been know to drink an entire gallon of water a day in summer. sure i pee more. it's exercise. i have to walk to the bathroom, sit, stand, walk again.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 03-14-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: add post script

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

wow a half a gallon? I would have to pee every 2 minutes. If I drink too much before I Go to bed though sometimes I wake up hours later and my stomach is killing me I have to pee so bad. I have been trying to drink as much as I can. 5 or 6 water bottles.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I drink 60 to 80 oz. a day. I use 20oz bottles and of course carry them with me and just keep sipping all the time. Drinking water helps to keep flushing your system out. You know with all the meds we take, it is so necessary to keep our system moving and flushing out the toxins. Yes, peeing a lot goes along with it, but once your system gets use to the amount you drink you don't pee as often.

Glojer

Old 03-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
(female)

applecollector HB User

I like to add just a little cranberry juice to my water--one it helps the UTI I get and I drink more. But I have a problem with leaking so that is no fun either---but I still keep it up

Old 03-15-2009, 04:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glojer View Post
I drink 60 to 80 oz. a day. I use 20oz bottles and of course carry them with me and just keep sipping all the time. Drinking water helps to keep flushing your system out. You know with all the meds we take, it is so necessary to keep our system moving and flushing out the toxins. Yes, peeing a lot goes along with it, but once your system gets use to the amount you drink you don't pee as often.

Glojer
the waters are 16.9 oz I have been drinking lots of water. around 5 bottles a day. I actually slept through the night FINALLY. And feel a big better today.

Closed Thread