It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: food energy & stretching for Fibromyalgia fatigue

Keep on dancing, anything that works!

Glojer

Old 04-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
(female)

Claff HB User

Hey neveragain, just a quick note to say fair play to ya. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to be dancing, Its great to hear your determination to not let this beat you.
Best of luck with it and I hope you continue to feel strong
Sinead

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I would sleep with the devil if that's what it took to feel better. LOL.

I could make good $$ from this too. Everytime I start singing (while I'm dancing), my daughter offers me a hundred dollar bill if I will just shut up.

Last edited by neveragain444; 04-06-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I'm so glad you're doing better!

I've also found a new exercise that works well for me--inclined walking on the treadmill. It makes me sweat without aggravating my knees or back, which is easier said than done.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Thank you.

I really do alot better getting out in the sun and walking outside more than I ever did trying to tackle a treadmill. It may be how you have to walk upwards so much, that makes it so challenging. I drop like 2 lbs every time I go.

I've also heard not getting enough daytime sunshine can produce fatigue. It also gives me the chance to walk my dog, but it's tough keeping up with him.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #21
(female)

sweetjerseygirl HB User

I think its great, the determination i have read hear is very impressive to me. I'm trying so hard myself. Stretches in the morning is much better than when something makes me jump out of bed, (like one of my animals) trying to eat better and walking for me, is what im doing but its looking like im going to have my tyroid checked, started packing on the lbs. for no apparent reason or so it seems. We will see what the tyroid results tells. I'm happy i took the time to read this thread this evening, Thanks

Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjerseygirl View Post
I think its great, the determination i have read hear is very impressive to me. I'm trying so hard myself. Stretches in the morning is much better than when something makes me jump out of bed, (like one of my animals) trying to eat better and walking for me, is what im doing but its looking like im going to have my tyroid checked, started packing on the lbs. for no apparent reason or so it seems. We will see what the tyroid results tells. I'm happy i took the time to read this thread this evening, Thanks
My sister put on "excessive" weight because of hyperthyroidism. She went from about 110 lbs to about 180 lbs.

I put on weight from being inactive. Right now I'm 152, and the weight is all in my stomach. That's kind of a genetic curse with my family. I don't think it'll take much to lose the extra weight as long as I keep exercising. However the downfall with that, is that it makes you really hungry but I guess as long as I choose something like vegetables to eat when I get that way, it'll be okay.

I guess determination would be a good way to put it. Or just being completely unable to accept what's wrong and just learn to live with it. So I have had lots of disapointments along the way, and screeming fits over feeling this way, the start with into this illness having "suicidal" thoughts because I didn't think I could cope with living this way. Having to give up on all of your dreams. Not being able to function like any normal person could do. It's not exactly "FUN."

All I have is determination. Otherwise the lack of hope would probably slip me back into depression, and I don't want to go back down that road. Crying doesn't solve anything. I figured it was time to try to do something about it again, instead of just pouting about it. My doctor cannot tell me why, but I know there's a reason behind the Fibromyalgia. I guess that drives me with motivation and sometimes probably a bit of insanity. LOL.

Good luck with your test. Hope it turns out okay.

Closed Thread