It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
(female)

lifonahil HB User
Burning Sensations

In the last few months i have been having these burning sensations across the top of my back. It is really starting to get to me. I am going to my Rhum at the end of april and i was wondering if any of you with fibro have this problem. My dr. is very nice and always listens. Just not sure if this is a fibro problem or something else.

Fibro,Mgus,Palindromic Rheumatism. Cervical spinal stenosis

Aunt Laura

Old 03-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
Re: Burning Sensations

I have something similar. I get this burning in my lower stomach near my leg and it sorta zaps through. It drives me nuts. My regular doctors had said that it's common that construction workers get that when they wear those tight belts around their stomach. Well I'm not a construction worker.

It doesn't happen that often but it's still annoying. what I find that helps is a cold ice pack or some Tylenol it should go away eventually.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Whenever you have symptoms that you have never had before don't assume it is Fibro and do nothing. Even if it was Fibro you would treat the symptoms of anything you have...or at least have a doctor evaluate the problem and treat if needed. I have never had that symptom you describe...it actually sounds like maybe a pinched nerve. I would go see your regular doctor for this problem.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Yes I experience that too. Sometimes it's on both my left & right back sides (upper area). I thought it was because I had kidney stones but then I find out I don't have kidney stones anymore.

I have had tenderness & usually pain in the upper middle part of my abdomen for as long as I can remember. I always figured it was due to my esophagus being inflammed & reflux disease.

But lately, I can feel it's something to do with my large intestines. I do have irritable bowel syndrome, which I also believe is causing some of that pain in my sides & burning, but do I know for a fact, nope.

Kidney stones can cause that burning, but so can things like an ulcer, reflux disease, gastritis, bowel problems.

If it's a pinched nerve, you'd probably also experience some serious pain, numbness, and tingling, possible muscle twitching. I think the pain involved with this issue would make it far more than obvious.

If you have gastrointestinal symptoms, maybe it could be related to that. Maybe try some Mylanta and see if it helps.

I don't believe it's caused by Fibromyalgia.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
Yes I experience that too. Sometimes it's on both my left & right back sides (upper area). I thought it was because I had kidney stones but then I find out I don't have kidney stones anymore.

I have had tenderness & usually pain in the upper middle part of my abdomen for as long as I can remember. I always figured it was due to my esophagus being inflammed & reflux disease.

But lately, I can feel it's something to do with my large intestines. I do have irritable bowel syndrome, which I also believe is causing some of that pain in my sides & burning, but do I know for a fact, nope.

Kidney stones can cause that burning, but so can things like an ulcer, reflux disease, gastritis, bowel problems.

If it's a pinched nerve, you'd probably also experience some serious pain, numbness, and tingling, possible muscle twitching. I think the pain involved with this issue would make it far more than obvious.

If you have gastrointestinal symptoms, maybe it could be related to that. Maybe try some Mylanta and see if it helps.

I don't believe it's caused by Fibromyalgia.
were you talking to me? or the original poster? I got confused. My doctor said it's common that construction works get that when they where the tight band belt around them.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny89 View Post
were you talking to me? or the original poster? I got confused. My doctor said it's common that construction works get that when they where the tight band belt around them.
Responding to the orginal post. lol.

but...

do you actually feel burning inside you or on your skin? you'd think if it was from a tight belt, your skin would be burning.

the type of burning I have is not on my skin, I feel it inside me, like heartburn, except it's not heartburn ....

Old 03-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
(female)

Drain Bamaged HB User

Good Morning to all

Lifonahil ~

Here's a few "Q"s I have for you ????

How long does this sensation last ?

Has this been a constant for the month or you relate the sensation in memory, if so why ?

Does it come and go thoughout the day or evening or it comes and goes for a few days then it's back again?

Are you able to touch or ware any clothing on that area let alone water from shower.?

Are you able to press on the area and in the area your pressing the sensation leaves or is not as bothersome?

Are you able to move both your arms simultaneously or indivdually ~ Does it make it worse during or after ? If after, how long ?

Are you able to move your neck around side to side and up and down ?

Can you do both with your arms and neck together ?
( Now, you look like a duck )~ Kidding !!!!!! ~ humor

I know the
YOKE is on me..........
Back to seriousness....

Do you sit at a desk or keyboard, art desk, gardening ect. ?~ Basicly, are you bent over or have your neck and shoulder area leaning over a good part of day ?

Evalute your position in sleeping or napping. Are there a lot of pillows or anything that props your upper torso or neck up ?

Looking forward to your reply... Best Regards

[/COLOR]

Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
(female)

Ishla HB User

I have debilitating burning sensations in my feet. It has progressed into my hands now over the last few months. My doctor said that one of the things that causes this burning is a lack of B12 in our system. I take my B complex daily, but on days that I forget, I burn more. And I always have days that I take two because the burning is so strong.

I was wondering if anyone here had tried Neurogen yet. It apparently is an over the counter topical. I would love to hear from anyone who has tried it and what kind of response you had. I am going to be looking for it to try it as soon as possible.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
Responding to the orginal post. lol.

but...

do you actually feel burning inside you or on your skin? you'd think if it was from a tight belt, your skin would be burning.

the type of burning I have is not on my skin, I feel it inside me, like heartburn, except it's not heartburn ....
Inside yea. It feels almost like a zap or a spasm that goes through. Drives me nuts.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny89 View Post
Inside yea. It feels almost like a zap or a spasm that goes through. Drives me nuts.
I'm shocked to hear that. I know someone that was in a similar situation, their skin became raw because of it.

Wow, well heck I would demand a raise for the pain their belt is causing at least. lol

Old 03-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #11
(female)

lifonahil HB User

Thank you all so much for all your help. I answered the questions the best i could.

How long does this sensation last ?
Sometimes it will last like an hour and then sometimes it can last for days. It feels deep like it is in the muscle not on the skin.

Has this been a constant for the month or you relate the sensation in memory, if so why ?
Its been happening for i would say at least 6 months.

Does it come and go tho ughout the day or evening or it comes and goes for a few days then it's back again? Yes it comes and goes. Nothing in particular will set it off.

Are you able to touch or ware any clothing on that area let alone water from shower.?
Funny sometimes the clothes touching my skin just hurts but i know the pain is deeper than that. So i dont understand that but i think i hurt so much that i am not really sure if it is the clothes.

Are you able to press on the area and in the area your pressing the sensation leaves or is not as bothersome? Yes the pressure hurt. Even light rubbing from husband will irrate me.

Are you able to move both your arms simultaneously or indivdually ~ Does it make it worse during or after ? If after, how long ?
Yes i can move both are and it does not make worse or better.

Are you able to move your neck around side to side and up and down ?
Yes but certain ways are sore.

Can you do both with your arms and neck together ?
( Now, you look like a duck )~ Kidding !!!!!! ~ humor

I know the YOKE is on me..........
Back to seriousness....

Do you sit at a desk or keyboard, art desk, gardening ect. ?~ Basicly, are you bent over or have your neck and shoulder area leaning over a good part of day ?
I sit at a computer but not for long periods of time. I am a stay at home mom.

Evalute your position in sleeping or napping. Are there a lot of pillows or anything that props your upper torso or neck up ?
I have tried that but no such luck. I think i just need to talk to my rhum next month. I hate tell him about new stuff because even though he is very nice i feel like they just think i am a big pain. And i hate being a pain.

Fibro,Mgus,Palindromic Rheumatism. Cervical spinal stenosis

Aunt Laura

Last edited by lifonahil; 03-23-2009 at 10:13 PM.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #12
(female)

Drain Bamaged HB User

Hi lifonahil
I'm so thankful you've taken the time to review the "Q"s and I hope that as you answered it's turned a light switch on to consider what maybe accurring.
I'm in total agreement on sharing this info with your Rhummie. No matter how small or insignificant we think something is; our Med Team needs to know. It's a clue, a lead to an answer if not now for the next person whom has just been diagnosed as a Fibromite.
As I reviewed your 1st post. I had to ask myself if I really understood what you ment by. " I have this burning sensation across the top of my back "
According to the posts other than my questions there wasn't any specifics. ???
You are refuring to both the shoulders & neck area on down to the shoulderblades? or Mid Back ?

O.K. here's my input ~ It's only something to consider or understand the dynamics. If you can check the location of the muscles your talking about on a chart. It will clarify a bit for you.

Your right on when you feel it deeper in the muscle. The many layers of our muscles which overlap each other & lay over and connect to the bones via the tendons & ligaments ect. The nerves and nerve endings are entertwined like thousands and thousands of micro mini threads or lace throughout each muscle all the way up to the skin along with blood supply. The muscle contracts & expands whenever we move during sleep and awake time. When there is any kind of deep muscle swelling, brusing, overuse ect. here comes the discomfort or pain through the Nerve/ Nerves. If you've ever heard the terminalogy when a person works out " Feel the Burn " That's the muscle saying I'm overworked. With Fibro, the muscles don't respond in a healing and natural way. The muscle goes into continual spasm also sending messages neurologically to other muscles which in turn are trying to correct the problem it's a constant struggle ever so lightly verying in degree and strength. It's the muscle saying .. Hey, something is wrong here !! Fibro
or the Nerve saying I'm being squeezed and I'm let -N ya know.
There are times we feel jolts or what is refured to as lightening down the arms & legs all the way to the hands and feet. The sensation of liquid running down your arms or legs even the need to see if there are a few ants crawling on the skin. Tingeling buzzing sensations as well. When the Spine / Neck is out of alignment it will send those very same messages. Having anything touch the skin will send a warning via continual burning, stinging ect. and it will stay for however long it needs to... reminding the brain something needs to be corrected here...

Gee, after all this, I do hope I've not bored you and I've made some since of " The Burn " and you find relief. Having Fibro is hard enough !
Hope you can keep posting your outcome on this thread.

I personally deal with The Burn & Chronic Pain on both of my shoulders and neck area 75% of the time.

Best Regards to you ~ DRAIN BAMAGED

Last edited by Drain Bamaged; 03-25-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Closed Thread