It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

grizzlyrose HB User
Question diagnosed with fibromyalgia & have questions

On 3/13/09 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, Curious to know what the rest of you all feel like on a daily basis when it comes pain and energy levels? are somedays worse thenothers? Do you have days where the fibro picks what part of the body it wants to attack the most that days? thank you for reading this,,hope you share your fibro-experiences with me, take care and hag1. Grizz

Old 03-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User
Re: diagnosed with fibromyalgia & have questions

Unfortunately, yes to all of the above questions. Take care.
Sophie 56

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
(female)

Claff HB User

Hi grizzlyrose, sorryto hear you've also been hit by this horrible syndrome.I'm sure like most you've being suffering for some time without a diagnosis and yes to you questions. This weekend was pretty bad for me. There is good days and bad and sometimes you feel like you're cracking up because the pain just keeps relocating in the body and you just never know what to expect. This board I find really helps though and I'm not on it tht long but the relief of talking with people who truly inderstand is amazing because I don't think anyone who doesn't have it can fully understand even if they try because its so hard to explain it properly. Especially when we look so normal.
Anyway here anytime you need to talk and I hope you're doing okay with it at the moment
Sinead

Old 03-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
(female)

4kids4me HB User

For me, it's also a yes to all of your questions. some days are worse than others, and sometimes my knees hurt, other days it's maybe the cheeks on my face, or my thighs, or maybe instead of a muscle, it's my skin that hurts. Every day it's different, and my energy levels are really low most day, and even lower on others. I rarely sleep well, and I haven't had a "pain-free" day in many many months. I hope you find a doctor that you can trust and listens to you. Remember that you and your health care professionals are a team.

4kids4me

Old 03-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Yes to all your questions is well. i don't think there has been a day in 2 years where I have no had pain.

I'm not on any pain killers. I'm too afraid of the side effects. I just take one day at a time. It's all you can do really that in med's if you choose.

Exercise for me is difficult It hurt my muscles but I have to just keep on.

I hope your not in too much pain. Take care!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
(female)

Drain Bamaged HB User

Then, there is this.

Then, there is that.

Then, there is Ouwwwie ~

Don't forget: Barr-Rain Fog !!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It's the: What of the Who ???? ~ When of the What ????? And Where? repeat..........
AKA: DRAIN BAMAGED

Old 03-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
(female)

grizzlyrose HB User

Thanks for all your replies,Now I have an Idea in what it's like with everyone else with fibromyalgia and I'm not the only one that has pain on a daily basis and in different areas of the body and some days full blown pain all over. For eg: every morning before I have to go to work I sit in my chair for an hour and half with a heating pad on my back and hips and i can't even feel the heat on my back most of the time and I have to do the same routine when I get home from work. It's crazy. And alot of times after work I'm in so much pain and weak I could barely walk up or down the stairs. I do execrise 30 mins mostly every day walking my dogs, along with a physical job I have, standing on my feet all day, bending, lifting and heavy objects, stooping, climbing,waliking,kneeling, etc. I was always asking myself was my job causing me all this pain and weakness, IBS, headaches, sensitive to noise, lights, smells, weight loss, left sided swelling of the lypmh glands,and shoulders,neck,back,hips, left thigh, knees, ankles,feet,wrist,hand and fingers pain, Oh, can't forget the major brain freezes and the sleep disturbance along with the fatigue. I don't think so, there was something seriously wrong with me, and now I know it's fibromyalgia, now it's time to get educated, and learn from other people the do' and don'ts in the fibro world. thanks for taking the time to read this, your replies are grealty appreciated. thanks all, and hag1 Grizz

Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
(female)

Drain Bamaged HB User

Hi Grizzlyrose

In reading your post ~ Check out another thread " Hashi's Hypo but with hypersensitivities- anyone else ?

Best Regards and Lots of Soft Hugs

DRAIN BAMAGED

Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

My pain is pretty specific to certain areas. Right now it's my left kidney, upper mid abdomen, esophagus, neck/shoulders, face, & head, sometimes it occurs in my hips, bladder, pelvic area, & sometimes I get leg cramps. I think the worst part of the days are waking up in the mornings & during the night. The fatigue is something I never get a break from, I am under extreme exhaustion 24 hrs a day. Burning sensations, tingling all over, twitching, spasms, even vomitted just an hour ago. 12 years of suffering. It doesn't get easier. It doesn't get better. Nothing controls it too well. And it only seems to get worse from where I am standing. My doctor is my venom. I have been bit by the snake and there's no going back to what I felt like before ever meeting him. I fear all the side effects and bad reactions I have had to prescription medications will have me forever damaged.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
(female)

grizzlyrose HB User

Thanks Drain Bamaged,,you wouldn't happen to have a month, date and year? there are sooo many threads to look through, my eyes starts to get blurrly after a little while. Thnx, Grizz

Old 03-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
(female)

grizzlyrose HB User

Hi Neveragain, I thought I was losing my mind or going crazy because for the past few months I been having left flank and lower mid back pain,mainly in the AM along with the rest of my ouchies, I was thinking is it possible that my kidney was going on the blink and is tha possible with fibro? til I read your Msg, would you please describe your pain and what it feels like in and around your lt kidney? I do Know Fibro can affects IBS, irritated bladder and hypoglycemia and thyroid. I'm sorry to hear that your meds aren't helping I can relate along with the nausea, haven't started the vomiting yet. When you were Dx'ed, did you have all these symptoms all at once, or did more symptoms just start appearing as the years goes on? I'm finding it's getting harder for me to work too. And it doesn't help when your boss and some co-workers treat you like crap, I can't help it if i dont have a bubbily attitude and a smile on my face, I'm hurting and in pain and how can you stay positive when your hurting all the time or you brain is trying to shut off and or a lack of sleep. I didn't choose to be that way, thats for sure. Anyways,enough whinning, But it's sure nice to meet other people with the same symptoms as you do and they really do understand what you feel like. Thnx, take care and hag1. Grizz

Old 04-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
(female)

Drain Bamaged HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyrose View Post
Thanks for all your replies I was always asking myself was my job causing me all this pain and weakness, IBS, headaches, sensitive to noise, lights, smells, weight loss, left sided swelling of the lypmh glands,and shoulders,neck,back,hips, left thigh, knees, ankles,feet,wrist,hand and fingers pain, Oh, can't forget the major brain freezes
Hi grizzlyrose

Lots of Soft Hugs are sent your way...

In regards to the post I sugjested you check out: Was based on the above quote from your original post on this thread.

Hashi's Hypo but with hypersensitivies

The start date: 3-20-2009 to 4-2-2009

Wishing you all Fybromites the strength to hang on 1 moment by 1 moment ~

Old 04-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
(female)

grizzlyrose HB User

Thanx Drain, Still kinda new at the healthboard thingy and how it works,but i figured it out, I see know I'm not the only one that is hypersensitive, and yes, I can also pick up on other ppls energy level whether it's postive or negative, it's crazy stuff. take care and hag1. Grizz

Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

I think I know what you're asking, and I'll try and describe. It's hard to remember the order, and is why I wish I had better notes. This is some advice I would give to you- write it all down so when a symptom comes back you can look back and see that you've experienced it before (if you have- sometimes there's new stuff).

Almost 16 years ago I started getting headaches, had chemical sensitivities, stomach problems, fatigue, sore muscles and just an overall malaise. At one point my eyes were so dry I had to pry them open with my fingers in the morning (this went away). These rotate along with sinus headaches, frequent sore throats, allergies.

Recently I went to a chiropractor after much resisting and was so glad I did. My headaches are much better. I take vitamins and generally eat good. This, I believe, helped with the fibro fog.

I think there are things you can do to alleviate some of the fibro. I try and avoid toxins, and unfortunately these are in a lot of foods and prescriptions. By toxins, I mean things that would be toxic for fibro people.

Get your vitamin D tested, deficiency can cause pain.

Unfortunately, your family and friends won't understand. I am currently looking for a local support group.

Closed Thread