It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
(female)

MidnightDiva HB User
lyrica and eye problems

Taking Lyrica for several months has changed my eyesight. Last year before the Lyrica I got a new pair of glasses could see very cleary. I was then perscribed the lyrica. With my first signs of my eyes becoming blurry the dr. told me to stop taking them. It's been three months now I totally can't see clearly at all.
I am now going to have to get a new pair of glasses.
Oh and I didn't gain weight from the Lyrica.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: lyrica and eye problems

Thank You for sharing what Lyrica has done for you. Not everyone has the same side effects to medications and i am so very sorry to read your post of your vision worsening. i myself do not care for Lyrica at all. Seems alot of negatives are coming out about Lyrica. i will pray your eyesight will better.
Thanks again for posting.
Wish yo Well

BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
(female)

Fibrobugsme HB UserFibrobugsme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDiva View Post
Taking Lyrica for several months has changed my eyesight. Last year before the Lyrica I got a new pair of glasses could see very cleary. I was then perscribed the lyrica. With my first signs of my eyes becoming blurry the dr. told me to stop taking them. It's been three months now I totally can't see clearly at all.
I have noticed the same thing with me. I didn't just get new glasses but I have noticed my vision has been very blurry. I know I'm due for an exam and a new script for glasses and sometimes my eyes would get this way when my allergies are bothering me but I havent' had allergy problems in ages and I don't have the problem all the time...it's when I try to see things off at a distance...it's all just blurry. I'm not crazy about Lyrica and I'm on a max dosage but if she cuts it back I'll be back where I was initially and what will take it's place?
Sharon

Old 04-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
(female)

trup20 HB User

Quote:
Hi midnightDiva
I'm sorry that your eye sight is effected by Lyrica. Medicines can sure effect people different ways. When I started on Lyrica it did make my eye sight a little blurry but mine went away thank goodness because I like Lyrica it helps me with the pain but in my case it made me gain weight. So I just told myself either gain some weight or hurt but in your case loosing your eye sight is very serious and that would be a no brainier for me. I would rather have my eye sight. Did the doctors say it could cause you to go blind? Wow that is scary. I hope you find something else that you can take without the serious side effects. Best of luck to you. Take care
T

Old 04-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
(female)

MidnightDiva HB User

my dr. didn't seem to act like it would make me lose my eyesight all the way.
I went to my eye doctor today and had to get new glasses.
I am left taking cymbalta, vitamin D (which the dr had to raise the amount I take) and tramadol. (which doesn't help much at all) My dr wants to see me in 2 months so he can start me on the medicine coming out.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Quote:

MidnightDiva Please keep us Posted if your eyesight gets any better as you are no Longer taking the Lyrica.
Thanks

BeHappy2

Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
(female)

MidnightDiva HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappy2 View Post
MidnightDiva Please keep us Posted if your eyesight gets any better as you are no Longer taking the Lyrica.
Thanks

BeHappy2

I had to get new glasses cause my eyesight didn't go back the way it was. Since then I see fine. The lyrica really didn't help my pain. Still waiting for June when the dr will put me on the new medicine, Savella. And we start all over again

Closed Thread