It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
Unhappy Lyrica prescribed, but insurance won't cover it

So finally I think we're making headway on this. I saw the Rheumatologist and he instantly prescribed me Lyrica. I was actually pretty excited as I went to pick up the meds. I was hoping this would finally make a big difference...maybe this would really help me. Then I find out my insurance has denied coverage. My doctor tried a couple more times, but they are still denying it. I really hope my doctor can convince them to cover it, because I cannot afford $200 per month for just one medication. There is just no way.

I really do hate this. I was doing much better emotionally, but this has really dragged me back down.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: Lyrica prescribed, but insurance won't cover it

Have you tried Neurontin? It pretty much works the same way. Ask you Doc to prescribe it, I am surprised he hasn't already. Also, ask him if he can give you samples to try.

Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Your doc may also write a letter to the insurance company to ask for the coverage due to your condition and it is a drug that you must have to that effect. I have heard of doctors doing this. And yeah Hueronton and KLyrica is just about the same. I have used both due to my spinal injuries in my neck and spinal cord compression

Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
(female)

sweetjerseygirl HB User

Hi, sorry ur going thru this, it is probably so frustrating for you. If it were me i would call the drs. office and find out the reason why they will not cover it for you, or call your insurance company and inquire the reasoning. You have a right to know. Then i would probably go to lyricas sight, which shows on my computer on the right side of the screen when i get on these fibro threads, scroll down and find that telephone # that it lists, call the company, let them know whats going on, someone should be able to get to the bottom of this for you. Good luck, hope u get to feeling better soon and i hope this gets straightened out asap

Old 04-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

JewelryJulie HB User

Most drug companies have a way of providing free prescriptions to those who can't get them. Go to Lyrica's site and find out the maker of the medication, and then go to them and ask for free or reduced cost meds.

Closed Thread