It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

JacquelineH HB UserJacquelineH HB User
Question Very tired, heavy legs and wobble

Hi, Hope everyone is having a good day. Today I woke up not to bad, waited to take my meds for a couple of hours. Well I decided to go walk the dog and 3 minutes into the walk my legs became very tired and heavy. I was a little wobbly also. Fortunately my husband came with the car to see if I was all right. I don't think I would of made it back for a long time. I came home, put my feet up and rested. That was a couple of hours ago. I feel a bit better now. This is kind of scaring me especially with the wobble. Question, is this a common thing to happen? Thanks for reading, have a great day.
Jacqueline

Old 04-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
(female)

Miracle Storm HB User
Re: Very tired, heavy legs and wobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineH View Post
Hi, Hope everyone is having a good day. Today I woke up not to bad, waited to take my meds for a couple of hours. Well I decided to go walk the dog and 3 minutes into the walk my legs became very tired and heavy. I was a little wobbly also. Fortunately my husband came with the car to see if I was all right. I don't think I would of made it back for a long time. I came home, put my feet up and rested. That was a couple of hours ago. I feel a bit better now. This is kind of scaring me especially with the wobble. Question, is this a common thing to happen? Thanks for reading, have a great day.
Jacqueline
Hi Jacqueline,

I was just recently diagnosed with fibromyagia...having a little trouble believing it, but the more I read others posts I'm like "okay have that"
But yeah this morning I woke up with my legs feeling like they weighed 900 pounds and I sometimes have trouble wit balance.

Unfortunately Icannot tell you if it is common. But I am glad you are feeling a little better now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
(female)

Claff HB User

Hi, sorry to hear it hit you like that while you were out, but glad to hear you're feeling little better. I have been suffering quite badly with my legs for so long now, I loose the power in them alot and fall down. And it usually comes back fairly quick. However last June it happened and has never returned quite right. I was admitted to hospital for over two weeks where they kept trying to put me in a wheel chair but anyway I left on crutches and was off my feet foe a long time. It took me 2 1/2 months to get to using just one so I could walk my son to school and be able to hold my little girls hand while I did it and I only just came off the last one in Feb. but I'm still not right and always feel like I've a 50 tonne weight strapped on to them. Can't climb my stairs, and had to sleep down stairs alone for months but now i tackle it just once a day, (sometimes twice if I can manage to do my kids bedtime with them)(but then some nights I can't get back down) I was told it was from my prolapsed discs and nerves being trapped but it wasn't severe enough for anything to be done and am still awaiting the nerve conduction study tests. But I've dealt with the back thing for years without my legs being like this only really since I started fibro too.I went for a game of pitch and putt with my Dad yesterday and as we were going up one of the hills I had to use the clubs for walking aids and it took me forever, I was soooo embarresed, my 55 yr old Dad flying it and his 25 yr old daughter struggling. Well I really hope that it never gets this bad for you Jac, because its a major pain in the butt.
Well lots of hugs to you and I hope that you are feeling a bit stronger. Try to rest, I never do and know I should.
Thinking of you
Sinead

Old 04-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
(female)

Hi, thanks for replying. I think I a can call myself lucky that I have not gone through what you are. I am sorry this has struck you, and at such an yearly age. I often think that I am quite lucky because thing could be a heck of a lot worse than it is. You brightened my day knowing how strong and courageous a women you are. It must be very hard with a young family. I am sure your dad is very proud of you. And never be embarrassed. The people who judge and criticize should be embarrassed. I know raising a family can be very tiring when you have no disabilities. Keep going you are role model people can look to when they are down. Thank you. Hope you only good days.
Jacqueline

Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
(female)

Claff HB User

Hi jacquelineH, I jut wanted to say sorry if I made you feel that your problems were somehow less significent than mine, that was not my intention at all and I hope I didn't offend you by sort of twisting the story back to me. I just wanted you to know that I knew what you were going through and I remember that scared feeling I used to get when it happened to me and the one thing I loved about this board was the comfort of knowing someone else understood. And I just wanted to pass that comfort on to you. Thank you for your kind comments and I don't mean to harp on about my age, (only just recently realised that I do ) it just drives me a bit nuts feeling as though your trapped in an old body. Also I don't agree with you about the role model bit but it was very sweet of you to say and brought a smile to my face on a bad day. So thank you
I hope you are feeling a little better today
Sinead

Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
(female)

Hi Claff, No not at all, I never took it that way at all. It is nice to know that we are not alone in this situation. (not nice for anyone to have the problem though). This is a place for everyone to put their thoughts out there. After I hear about all the other people including you and their problems, it makes me feel thankful that I could be a lot worse off then I am.
My kids are all grown now and I have 5 grandkids. I find it hard that I can't do more with them. I could only imagine how hard it is for young people with small children.
I still think you are a role model of sorts, you wouldn't let them put you in the wheel chair. You fought and won. Some people would not have the initiative to fight. I know of a person that wants to be sick that he can scam the compensation board into giving him tens of thousands of dollars. Oh and he gets it. He makes me sick he gets all his meds for nothing and sells them. He beat the system. The people that need it can't get it.
So please don't feel bad you truly are an inspiration to me.

Jacqueline
P.S. I do feel a bit better today. Hope you do too. Have a great day.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
(female)

Ishla HB User

[QUOTE=JacquelineH;3947050] I know of a person that wants to be sick that he can scam the compensation board into giving him tens of thousands of dollars. Oh and he gets it. He makes me sick he gets all his meds for nothing and sells them. He beat the system. The people that need it can't get it.
QUOTE]

Grrr.... doesn't that just make you want to pull your hair out!! Sorry, I saw this comment and couldn't help myself. There are so many of us who desperately need help, and people like that guy are getting the benefits that people like us (me) need by being criminal about it. Why does it seem so easy for a criminal mind to get what law abiding and struggling folks have to fight so hard for? Bummer!

Last edited by Ishla; 04-06-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
(female)

Claff HB User

Hi, yeah I know a few people like that too and they don't mind bragging about it either. It makes my blood boil, I was genuine in my need and I couldn't even get help when I needed someone with me all the time last year. They say oh you've just got to be able to lie, well I'm no good at lying and I don't want to b either thanks anyway. But hopefully they'll be caught sooner rather than later.
Glad you're having a good day, i'm bit sore at the moment but had physio this evening so at least I have a reason for it today, and I haven't won the battle yet but yes I suppose I have done pretty well so far.
Thanks again
Chat you soon
Sinead

Old 04-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
(female)

[QUOTE=Ishla;3947070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineH View Post
I know of a person that wants to be sick that he can scam the compensation board into giving him tens of thousands of dollars. Oh and he gets it. He makes me sick he gets all his meds for nothing and sells them. He beat the system. The people that need it can't get it.
QUOTE]

Grrr.... doesn't that just make you want to pull your hair out!! Sorry, I saw this comment and couldn't help myself. There are so many of us who desperately need help, and people like that guy are getting the benefits that people like us (me) need by being criminal about it. Why does it seem so easy for a criminal mind to get what law abiding and struggling folks have to fight so hard for? Bummer!
It is crazy, I got turned down for a WCB claim that in fact happened at work. I ended up with surgery. This guy is a scammer. He collects $4000 a month from CPP disability and Compo. He was in a fight and said it hapened at work. It has come to a point where he has become disabalde becasue he wanted to. He faked it so bad, walked with a walker. He never used any muscles and now he has none. He brags about it all the time. He sells his drugs to the bikers so he can get free pot to smoke. But I still must be the optimist and think karma is going to get him one day. It's going to bite him in the ***! At least I sure hope so.

I have nothing but trouble tring to colect anything.. I am now tring to get Canada Pension Disability. They make it very rough if you don't know or are to honest to scam the system. This guy gets me going, he is disgusting.
Well on that note it just good to get things off your chest once in a while.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claff View Post
Hi, yeah I know a few people like that too and they don't mind bragging about it either. It makes my blood boil, I was genuine in my need and I couldn't even get help when I needed someone with me all the time last year. They say oh you've just got to be able to lie, well I'm no good at lying and I don't want to b either thanks anyway. But hopefully they'll be caught sooner rather than later.
Glad you're having a good day, i'm bit sore at the moment but had physio this evening so at least I have a reason for it today, and I haven't won the battle yet but yes I suppose I have done pretty well so far.
Thanks again
Chat you soon
Sinead
I am on a runaway now. You were saying you needed an aid last year. Well this guy has made a trip to Cuba to weeks ago and going to Jamaica next week. He has told the airlines that he needs an aid, not! well his friend the other person gets to fly free to supposedly help him. What a joke!
Thanks for listening.
Jacqueline

Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
(female)

Claff HB User

Oh stop. My god that's ridiculous, I'v never heard of anything like that before. Now my bloods def boiling. The neck of some people. Oh I sooo hope he gets caught and he has to pay back all that he's scammed

Old 04-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #12
(female)

Hi, I saw anther Ortho the other say. He did not help the least bit. Couldn't tell me anything about my bladder problems. Never said anything about my stumbling and heavy legs. It was definatly a waste of an 8 hour trip. I brought up about the Fibro and didn't want anything to do with it. Said it just a label. I won't go back to this guy. Maybe I'll have better luck with the Rhuemy next month. Hope everyone is having a good week. Take care, be well.
Jacqueline

Closed Thread