It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

grizzlyrose HB User
Unhappy mainly left sided symptoms, can this still be fibro? help please, anyone.

Today, I had a meltdown at work, I was getting attacks in my left arm and my left hip and thigh, the feeling of pain would go from tingling to numb to like the circulation was being cut off to these areas then to no feeling to weakness.it was doing this the whole day, these attacks were from moderate to intense, and when it got so intense I just broke down and cried for it to stop. What the heck is this all about,it's really scaring me. can fibromyalgia attack mainly on the left side of body? Could I have something else that is manifesting? I'm on voltaren and trazodone and My Rhuemy increased my trazodone to 150mg for the pain, is it possible that trazodone is making my left sided symptoms worse? Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any replies, it's much appreciated in a big way all you people are the only ones that understand this disease,syndrome,disorder, condition or whatever you want to call it. But I do know this, this thing really blows, sucks, bites, @$#^&^% and so on ! Thanx, Grizz

Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: mainly left sided symptoms, can this still be fibro? help please, anyone.

I think it is possible. My pain is mostly on my right. Right arm, shoulder, knee, pain down the side of right leg and right ankle swollen. I get pain all over, but the right side is worse.

I would look up the side effects of the meds you take. I had to go off several meds because I seem to get any and all side effects. I use mostly things like ice and heat and Tylenol. I do use the muscle relaxants sometimes, but not regularly. But I know that sometimes the meds cause more problems and the pain always comes back anyway.

Yes, this disease is the worst. I have a lot of other problems, but this fibro bothers me the most.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

I would call your doctor. Does your doctor's office have an on-call doctor?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I guess it could be your fibromyalgia but it doesn't sound good at all. Pain becoming intense, one sided, along with weekness, numbness, tingling. My first thoughts are stroke, not that I want to scare you here, but you need to call your doctor & tell them.

If you notice one or more of these signs, don't wait. Call 911 or your emergency medical services and get to a hospital immediately. These are stroke warning signs:

Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body

Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding

Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes

Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination

Sudden, severe headache with no known cause

Old 04-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #5
(female)

emeadows HB Useremeadows HB User

I am not sure about the meds. I am newly diagnosed. But I can tell you, I have had problems since I was 10. My right side is worse than my left. Although, fibro effects my entire body. I use to call it my good side and my bad side. My greatest battle lately is the fatigue and weakness in both legs.

I agree with the others. It would not hurt to call your doctor. It's always better to find out its nothing than to miss something serious.

Good Luck!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User

Same here as the other posters.. I always say "I have left" since my left side is worse than my right side on everything. I have really bad pitting edema and it is always so much worse on my left side. My left knee is much worse than my right although my right is catching up quick. I have had a baker's cyst on my left knee for a couple of years now. I have it on my right too but just for the past 7 months.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

My pain is mostly on the left side from my waist up. What triggered my fibro/myofascial was being rear-ended, but instead of my head going straight back my head was turned to the side talking to my husband when we got hit. I think we are all the same, but still different. With this disease you never know.

DeBeachSiren

Closed Thread