It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

Cheri1957 HB User
Symptom of Fibro

Can fibromyalgia give you a tight lump in the throat feeling? I have not been diagnosed with it yet but have many of the symptons. For the past week I have had this feeling 24/7. I can swallow liquids and food but start to panic when I eat. So my ? is can that be a sympton or should I be looking elsewhere Thanks

Old 04-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: Sympton of Fibro

I have never heard of that. It sounds like either acid reflux or anxiety. Unfortunately, however, there are a lot of strange symptoms of fibro so I guess it is possible. Do you have muscle and joint aches also?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
(female)

Cheri1957 HB User

Yes I have the muscle and joints aches. Over the past couple of months I have had some other health issues and got over them and the one day about 1 1/2 weeks ago I woke up with the aches and being very tired. Had bloodwork up done which came back fine and tomorrow I am having a mri on my brain. All I want is to feel normal again. Thanks

Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
(female)

JacquelineH HB UserJacquelineH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri1957 View Post
Can fibromyalgia give you a tight lump in the throat feeling? I have not been diagnosed with it yet but have many of the symptons. For the past week I have had this feeling 24/7. I can swallow liquids and food but start to panic when I eat. So my ? is can that be a sympton or should I be looking elsewhere Thanks
Get it checked out.. I had something like that. My doctor put me on pantaloc for a couple of months . I also had the scope thing and said I acid reflux. It cleared up. In fact I am just getting over it again.
Good luck.
Jacqueline

Old 04-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
(female)

Ishla HB User
Re: Symptom of Fibro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri1957 View Post
Just thought I would spout off a bit here... I have goiter from a bad thyroid gland and the swelling causes me to have the exact symptoms you speak of. Your bloodwork says normal? Have they tested your thyroid hormone levels? Low thyroid can cause body ache, lethargy, low stamina, and swelling of the thyroid gland (which can feel like the lump in the throat) among others. If you are getting tested, make sure they do a full spectrum of the thyroid hormone components, ie: T3, T4, enzymes.... because many doctors only run the basic test... which in many many cases, is normal, when actually, your other hormone components could be way off and never tested.

Just a thought that might help. Oh, and thyroid problems go right along with fibro... it's quite common to have hypothyroid levels and fibro too..

Old 04-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Please get it check out. I have that but mine is caused by a hiatal hiernia and GERD. However, it was really bad when I started having spasms in my chest, it made me feel like I was going to choke when I ate!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
(female)

janielou75 HB Userjanielou75 HB User

It's possible that you are having panic attacks.
I have fibro and I have panic attacks alot of the time.
I wish you luck

Old 04-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

I get what you're asking about. I don't know if it's because I have fibro, or if I'd have it even if I didn't have fibro. Could be related to acid (or alkaline). Also, I know a couple people that have esophageal spasms. So look in this area.

Closed Thread