It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Trying to figure out why I have FMS & CFIDS

I'm driving myself crazy trying to think of all the reasons behind why I have FMS/CFIDS and I take this questionaire test for different causes of chronic fatigue syndrome and checked off most every symptom of hypothyroidism, the other problems in this book didn't seem to really pertain to me, except sleep disordered breathing, which I already know there's a problem there, but it's not the reason behind all of this fatigue. The Fibromyalgia can't even be a reason behind the fatigue because the fatigue occurred years before the muscular pain did.

My thyroid tests have always been in normal range but I still keep in consideration how it is supposed to be genentically cursed to me and how I have almost every symptom. So I am trying an over-the-counter suppliment for it, Liqui-Kelp, daily Iodine, and want to see if it makes any difference. I also bought this suppliment for my liver, but I wanted to try the stuff for the thyroids first, I am in question though, how long I should give the thyroid suppliment to work before I try the other one. If one or the other helps, I want to know which one it is working.

There is the possibility I have a problem with my liver, so that is why I chose to try natural suppliments for it. Your liver can cause both chronic fatigue syndrome & fibromyalgia. I don't know what other organs may be capable of causing both of these problems but I know which one's I have problems with, which one's I may have problems with, and which one's I most likely don't, so that helps narrow it down, at least.

I don't care. I will try a suppliment for each and every organ in my body if I have to until I find out what the snot is the malfunction in my body causing these problems.

Last edited by neveragain444; 04-18-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Trying to figure out why I have FMS & CFIDS

I went ahead and took the liver support pills, the thyroid suppliment did not phase me, but this other stuff gave me an energy boost I haven't felt for a long time.

That stuff is awesome!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Trying to figure out why I have FMS & CFIDS

hi,
give the thyroid suppliments at least 3 months.
sometimes there is no why behind what is. it just is. the day i quit asking where the why was i felt energized. i had not realized how much energy was being expended in worry and stress.
stress and worry are fibros favorite meal. using your emotions, fibro will eat you alive. relaxation and breathing deep and slow may help. it sure helps me. i take no meds for fibro. i exercise and diet and drink buckets of water. i keep it organic and simple.
peace,
bluelakelady

Last edited by bluelakelady; 04-19-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typo

Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

"Why" is a loaded question. I used to ask why all the time, I eventually realized it was only making me unhappy.

Instead, I say, "It happened because it happened. What can I do to feel better?"

Be careful of supplements, especially be careful of taking a whole bunch. Vitamins and minerals are probably safe, at least as long as you don't overdose on the fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E. Your iodine supplement is probably safe and might help. (just don't take more than recommended, as very high iodine intake can also mess with your thyroid.)

Herb-based supplements, though... Some herbs are just like prescription drugs, only the content of supplements is not externally regulated, tested and verified. Pretty much any dietary supplement is legal until the FDA has proof that it's dangerous, which basically means it's allowed until people start dying. With drugs, the manufacturer theoretically has to prove the benefits outweigh the risks, at least in certain circumstances.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

What? Herbs won't really kill you, will they?

I am only taking one suppliment right now & it's somewhat energizing to me. It doesn't have any vitamins, just milk thistle, Dandelion, & such.

LOL. I cannot stop wondering why this happened to me. It's almost obsessive compulsive at this point. A diagnosis of CFIDS/Fibromyalgia does not explain jack snot to me...... I want to know the actual cause because without that, I cannot EVER get better, and there is no way I am going to sit back and say hey disease, go ahead and distruct my life another 12 years.

can't do it. stressful to my FMS or not.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Herbs can definitely kill people. There were at least 100 deaths strongly linked to ephedra before it was banned.

Harmless sounding stuff like garlic, ginger, St John's wort, and ginko can increase bleeding, which can cause serious problems in surgery if the patient doesn't tell the surgeon. (normal food quantities of garlic and ginger are usually okay)

Licorice can elevate blood pressure, pregnant women or people with hypertension should avoid it, including licorice candy. Echinacea can harm the liver.

Regarding yours, dandelion is pretty safe, mostly just gives you some extra nutrients, but it should not be combined with diuretics or diabetes pills. Milk thistle can cause stomach upset and also interferes with certain prescription medicines.

"It's natural" and "It's safe" are not the same thing at all. Tornadoes are all-natural, too.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
(female)

applecollector HB User

Why??????? Why do some get breast cancer, heart disease, diabetes. depression, MS, Parkinson, and the list goes on.

That is a load question----no one ask for any of this crap---so trying to figure out why we have it won't help----you have to figure out what works for you and how to live with it

and there comes a point of just not caring about it anymore---it is part of our life, and doesn't look like it is going to go away.

It is dangerous to mix supplement, herbs with prescriptions.

Plus my insurance does not pay for supplements and they can cost more than my co-pay---I am not a big believer of supplements etc. My sister spends a ton of money on them and she is worse than I am.

But each to their own.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
(female)

Drain Bamaged HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
What? Herbs won't really kill you, will they?

I am only taking one suppliment right now & it's somewhat energizing to me. It doesn't have any vitamins, just milk thistle, Dandelion, & such.

LOL. I cannot stop wondering why this happened to me. It's almost obsessive compulsive at this point. A diagnosis of CFIDS/Fibromyalgia does not explain jack snot to me...... I want to know the actual cause because without that, I cannot EVER get better, and there is no way I am going to sit back and say hey disease, go ahead and distruct my life another 12 years.

can't do it. stressful to my FMS or not.

Neveragain444 ~ Just so loved this post... I so love your tenacity!!! You go lady !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you asking: WHY Me ? or Are you asking: WHY does my body do what it's doing ? and in finding that answer, you'd be able to work daily at fixing it.
What happened in me or what did I do to have my body do this ?

With reading this thread ~ and in personally feeling the pain of Fybro/CFIDS. I hope, I'm understanding your thought process~ OF ~ I'm glad I have the name to my pain. But, now what the hay do I do. I'm not settling till I understand the dynamics of this Chronic Everchanging Physical & Mental setback.
With an AAAAAAaaaaaarrrg Matie... Shiver me timbers

How long has it been since diagnosis?

As with all things ~ be careful of Herbiezzz... If an emergency occurs the ER only know how to work with other Chemical blends... that may or may not exaserbate a cituation in utilizing Herbiezzz.
We are so used to taking an asprin which part of it is from nature,. for example for the headache or whatever your trying to easeup pain on. It's gone in 40 min.
Working with Natural Products, it's not gonna do that...When, it doesn't work immediately we throw the " it " out or stop utilising the lifestyle change.
We are so used to instant-nace; to have a Natural Product take 6mos. for example to get relief ~ is not in our vocabulary or mindset.
Unless, you are really Sick and Tired of being " Sick and Tired " Commitment to life style change has never been so rewarding.

*** Not only have I made that commitment to a particular product. I've not said anything to anybody about it. A lady friend I saw last wk. greeted me and as we'd parted from greetings she came back to me. She stood a bit from me as I was talking with another person. Once we were able to gather again; She said: DRAIN BAMAGED, you look absolutely beautiful. I thanked her, and said: Mary, I feel beautiful !!! She said again. It's unbelievable you are literally glowing!!!. With a few of our same friends around hearing her remarks ~ they'd inquired if I was pregnant ? Knowing full well that was impossible.

I have a natural energy that reminds me of when I was in my youth. Embraced with a deep inner warmth and calmness. Not that, too much coffee~buzzz here ~ buzzz there feeling that one can get. My pain level throughout my entire body is way down to almost gone........ I am cherishing every moment I have. As these many years have been quite difficult.

Neveragain444 ~ What brought you to emplementing Herbiezzz ( Herbs ) ?

Looking forward to your response.

Best to all ~ Soft Hugs DRAIN BAMAGED

Last edited by Drain Bamaged; 04-25-2009 at 03:23 AM.

Closed Thread