It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

JacquelineH HB UserJacquelineH HB User
Question Muscle relaxants that don't make you drowsy?

Hi, does anyone know of a muscle relaxant that doesn't make you drowsy. I am on Flexeril and I need to take it in the day time but I get very tired. It is great for bedtime.
Jacqueline

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
(female)

PinkFlower HB User
Re: [B][/B]Muscle relaxants that don't make you drozy

I tried one called Baclofen and it didn't make me tired but it made me jittery, you might want to try that one. Hope that helps!

Last edited by PinkFlower; 05-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
(female)

whitetigress53 HB User
Re: Muscle relaxants that don't make you drowsy?

I take Norflex, and the first couple times I was drowsy, but after that, I haven't had any drowsiness.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
(female)

Thanks, I will look into those suggestions.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
(female)

Rita27 HB User

You could try Skelaxin, but it doesn't work that great on bad pain.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
(female)

Drain Bamaged HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineH View Post
Hi, does anyone know of a muscle relaxant that doesn't make you drowsy. I am on Flexeril and I need to take it in the day time but I get very tired. It is great for bedtime.
Jacqueline

Hi JacquelineH ~

Throwing a thought your way. You may already do this, I'm not sure. Before, getting a script filled ask your Dr. for samples of the product before hand to see how your body responds to the medicine.
I'm not 100% sure, but muscle relaxers do cause drowsiness. I don't know of any that don't. I'm game to learn of what can be used w/o drowsiness.
So, in the long run ~ ~ your looking for something that would help relieve the muscle pain during the day; You relate that, to muscle relaxers ?
What have you tried if anything, other than Flexeril ? which made you tired. ex: ibruprophen ect.

Best Regards ~ ~ ~ DB

Last edited by Drain Bamaged; 05-10-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain Bamaged View Post

Hi JacquelineH ~

Throwing a thought your way. You may already do this, I'm not sure. Before, getting a script filled ask your Dr. for samples of the product before hand to see how your body responds to the medicine.
I'm not 100% sure, but muscle relaxers do cause drowsiness. I don't know of any that don't. I'm game to learn of what can be used w/o drowsiness.
So, in the long run ~ ~ your looking for something that would help relieve the muscle pain during the day; You relate that, to muscle relaxers ?
What have you tried if anything, other than Flexeril ? which made you tired. ex: ibruprophen ect.

Best Regards ~ ~ ~ DB

Hi, I am on Tylenol 4 (60 mg codeine) 4 to 5 times a day, ibuprofen 600 mg 3 to 4 times aday. I have shoulder problems and am defiantly thinking of taking some morphine that I had left over from the same problems I had with the other shoulder. I take zopiclone for a sleep aid. I have used Lyrica and gabapentin. the Lyrica had to many side effects, but it did work. I have been on the T4s and ibuprofen for years.
Jacqueline

Old 05-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #8
(female)

CougarBabe HB User

Try Formula 303. Originally, I got them from a Naturopath. for the last 10 years, I have ordered them online from Wellness Emporium.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
(female)

Thanks everyone, Have a good day!

Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
(female)

ngtstrm HB User

Hi, Jacqueline. I've been away from the boards for a while and just now saw your post. I just thought I'd pass along my experience too, just in case it might help some. I hope this will make sense - I'm experiencing a rather "brain-foggy" day today...

For me, the two muscle relaxers that worked best are carisoprodol (Soma) and methocarbamol (Robaxin). The docs that Iíve been to lately, however, are reluctant to prescribe these two because of the high potential they have for addiction. Thatís what I was told, anyway. Personally, I thought all muscle relaxers have that potential, but Iím not medically trained, so what do I know? Anyway, now Iím taking Baclofen (Lioresal) and it works pretty well for me, even at a low dose (10 mg/day). If I take more than that, then I get more sleepy, as you might expect, but if I take, for example, a half of a tablet in the morning and the other half in the afternoon, then take one tablet at bedtime, my muscle spasms and stiffness and pain are greatly reduced (it never seems to go away completely, but Iím functional, which Iíll take for now! ) My only annoying side effect is somewhat blurred vision; nothing major, but Iím used to being able to see really well, so itís irritating when I donít.

Oh, and it did make me drowsy, even at a low dose, for the first few days. Good luck!

Old 05-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #11
(female)

Hi, glad to see you are back. I will try splitting them for the morning and afternoon. Thanks for your imput. Feel well.

Closed Thread