It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

bur300 HB User
Anyone cold most of the time?

I am not anemic, my thyroid is fine. I am just cold all the time--or most of the time. Once in a while, I still have hot flashes. It's the middle of May and I am still wearing turtlenecks and winter clothes. I still lay on my heating pad to get warm a lot of the time. I exercise every morning. But even in the summer, if I'm in A/C too long, I get very cold. But I also can't stand high heat and humidity. Just trying to find out if anyone else has this cold feeling. I haven't read anything about it anyplace, so thought it might be something else. Since it's not anemia or thyroid, I'm at a loss for what it could be. Any ideas?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
Re: Anyone cold most of the time?

lol i'm in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. and I sleep with fleece sheets and 5 comforters. I'm cold all the time, chills etc. Even when it's in the 80's. It's just crazy isn't it? I wonder what about this disorder that makes us so cold all the time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
(female)

mentalmum08 HB User

Ditto me too.

I thought it strange until i read this posting. It's the middle of May, but to me it feels like November. I take deep hot baths to get comfortable, and go to bed with hot water bottles. My husband keeps on saying this is not right. the doctors have to do something. Hey-ho
sandra xo

Old 05-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Yes, I am cold a lot of the time, esp at night. I sleep with a heating pad. I am thankful that I have a hot tub at home. I go in it most nights before bed.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyann View Post
Yes, I am cold a lot of the time, esp at night. I sleep with a heating pad. I am thankful that I have a hot tub at home. I go in it most nights before bed.
man you are so lucky. Mind If I come over and use it? LOL

Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #6
(female)

bur300 HB User

We had a hot tub for the last 15 years but just got rid of it because it needed so many repairs and it sits outside, so at that age wasn't worth it.. But I'm going to get another one and put it in the place on the deck.. I NEED it so badly!! Just can't soak in the tub the same way.. I wish there was some way to deduct it on our taxes!! lol! As a medical expense or our insurance would pay for it.. Hot tubs has been a life saver for me..

Maybe being cold most of the time is related to fibro after all.. I've just never seen anything about it.. I'm not a thin person either.. I used to be hot all the time!! So can't figure out what happened..

I haven't been on here in a long time, but am so glad it's still here!!

Old 05-18-2009, 04:52 AM   #7
(female)

emeadows HB Useremeadows HB User

Check out the thread for chills and other stuff. You will see you are not alone. I myself am almost freezing when the sun is up and sweating when the sun is down. I have been in the AC and gone outside in temps with a heat index of around 100 and gotten chills with goosebumps. I've never been so cold as to when this happens. Both my hands and feet have always been freezing. No matter how many pairs of socks I wear, my feet are always cold, except in the morning. They are actually warm until I start moving around. Talk about weird!

Closed Thread