It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
(female)

patanne47 HB User
stinging pain in right side of abdomen

I have bouts of a stinging type pain where I would imagine my ovary to be, I am 62 years old and had my uterus and cervix removed when I was 37. It is not severe but persistent.My appendix was removed when i was 10

The Following User Says Thank You to patanne47 For This Useful Post:
badangel (05-25-2012)
Old 05-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: stinging pain in right side of abdomen

So it was just a partial hysterectomy, you kept your ovaries? Do you have a history of ovarian cysts? Just because you don't have periods anymore, doesn't mean you can't get ovarian cysts. Maybe you should see a gynecologist and get an ultrasound done to see what's going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hello,

I agree, don't guess. Make an appointment with your doctor and get an ultrasound done to see what's going on. In addition to your ovaries, your sigmoid colon is in that region, as is your bladder. It is probably nothing serious but you should get this confirmed by your doctor.

All the best.

Estria

Old 05-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

I had a total hysterectomy when i was 27, i will be 55 yrs in july. I have had fibro plus numerous other problems for a very very long time. I also have the stinging, wringing, pulling pain deep down in the lower right. I have no appendix, and no female organs. My doc calls it diverticulitis, although that usually hits everyone on the lower left side instea of the right side. But the pain, the fever, the stinging, pulling pain is the same as diverticulitis. I usually end up getting antibiotics, and eating very soft food, (jello, popsicle, pudding, mashed potatoes, etc) and drinking alot of water and green tea before it goes away. Dont know if my insides are just mixed up (wrong area) or just that its different and hits me in the right area instead of the left, but she says its exactly like it. ive had tests tho, colonoscopies and such, and doesnt show anything, but she says the extreme symptoms are the same as diverticulitis and responds the same when left to rest and with antibiotics. Hope you find some answers hon.
Jen

Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi there l have some experience of ovarian cysts l will explain the pain l felt. Before been dignosed a few tmes when going for a wee l would get a sharp pain in my lower right side which would make me sit up bolt up right!! I also felt like l had water infections... bloating and real bad low stomach aches. On a few occasions the pain will go up as far as the lower right ribs and my stomach will be very tender to touch and swollen. Tender all over the abdomen area. When it flared up l was reaching with the pain and when it was discovered l felt like l had an infection which left me unable to get comfy anyway and the pain was constant moaning and groaning and feeling really ill. Mine was doscovered end of March it is 3 inches long on my right ovary. I go to see the gyny in July l had a scan a few weeks ago and it has not changed size so l dont know what the plan is. Hope l have helped Best to get checke dout though xxx

Closed Thread