It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

applecollector HB User
do you ever just want to sleep all the time

for the last two weeks that is about all I have done.

not sure if it is my depression or the fibro/cfs maybe a little of both

and there is sooooo much that needs to be done around the house, but just simple chore do me in, let alone the big ones I need to do.

Also does anyone else have problems leaving the house. I hate getting out, I was never this way until my husband was killed, and then this Fibro thing started. and it is just getting worse. And once I am out I plan on doing several things on a list and only get to 2 or 3---thinking I will get back out and do the others----and don't

I really don't think going back to dr will do anything but cost me money. I wish I would go into a manic state for about a month, I don't have those very often.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
(female)

NAPPSIE HB User
Re: do you ever just want to sleep all the time

Hi ((APPLECOLLECTOR)) I'm sorry you are dealing with so much. I'm very sorry you lost your DH.

It's funny you ask what you ask. This weekend two days I slept until 10, I'm embarassed to say. And I had many things I needed to do, some of which I really looked forward to do. I had a LOT of trouble getting moving. I did get out and did most of what I wanted to do, but I figured it must be the fibro making me sleep and holding me back. I don't deal with depression...at all...so I'm guessing it really could just be your fibro that keeps you from being the person you are in your head. And I was trying to figure out what was holding ME back this long weekend and then I read your post, so I figure it must be my fibro.

I do take lyrica and if I didn't I would never get a single thing done EVER.

MY VERY BEST TO YOU

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

applecollector, we may have had this discussion before....brain fog.....giggle! Anyway not wanting to get up and wanting to sleep all the time is what happens to me when my thyroid goes hypo. I am one of those who has a difficult time getting my thyroid right and keeping it right. I really relate to the having so many things on the list and doing only two of them. I was like that in the early years, and am still sometimes. I can empathize with you on that one.

Glojer

Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
(female)

Ducky2020 HB User

Hi Applecollector, I try my best to have one day a week that I don't have to get up by a certain time, and not get ready or go anywhere that whole day. This usually makes me able to keep up with a busy schedule the other 6 days. I find myself not completing my list of things to do also due to fibro, but just do what you can and everything else will be okay. It can get very frustrating, but just try to pace yourself with small tasks. I hope you feel better!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:05 AM   #5
(female)

CindyInOz HB User

Hi Applecollector, I do the same as Ducky2020 and have at least one day a week as my designated sleep in day. I designate this day as my "I'm allowed to feel sick and do nothing" day. Of course, I don't actually have a particular day of the week, it depends on what my family has on (school for kids etc), but I have found that Saturday is usually the day I give myself some 'time out'.
As for being sleepy, last week I woke up, and instead of becoming more wide awake after an hour or two, I became more tired... so back to bed I went. To cut a long story short, I slept pretty much non stop except for meals for the next 3 days. I could hardly move and it was really terrible. I find at times like this, the more I try to fight the tiredness the worse it actually gets. I also find that if I fight my symptoms sometimes they end up even worse (probably due to stressing!). I'm really sorry you have had such an awful time of it, and can only pray that things become easier for you soon.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
(female)

fibrofoggie HB User

I feel this way too. I am utterly exhausted all the time. As you said, any chores or activities that I can actually accomplish end up beating me down more. I have also had to sleep for 3 days straight. I could not stay awake even if someone was talking to me. It was a little scary. I'm so sorry your feeling this badly, I wish I had some great advise to give you. The only thing that was told to me was "If your body is telling you to sleep--then sleep". Good advise but, not always practical.

I have fibro/cfs/thyroid etc. so maybe 1 of those is the culprit. I have decided to go for a sleep study, maybe I can get some answers there?

Best of luck and stay strong.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
(female)

sparkly lady HB User

Hi applecollector I can really sympathise with how you`re feeling, I have had an awful 3 weeks. Tiredness and extreme pain have been ruling my life, no matter how much sleep I get I still feel exhausted,and my pain is gradually spreading all over my body. I have recently been diagnosed with FM after suffering for 4 years of intense back pain and pain down both legs. Now its all over my body that on its own is bad enough but, oh my goodness, that tiredness!! I am feeling really low in myself and I am having terrible mood swings I honestly don`t know how I am getting through the days right now. And you`re right, what help are the Dr`s?

Old 05-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

This has been my last two weeks. One of my pets kept me up and I didn't get much sleep, so once I didn't get good sleep it has thrown me off. I nap, then can't fall asleep until late at night, then get woken up early. Exhausted during the day. Then the muscle aches have increased. Yesterday my hands hurt so bad I thought I had arthritis. They still are painful today.

I tried to compensate by sleeping a lot one day and that did not help at all.

I think it has triggered a...(fibro fog I can't think of it)...an episode. Can't think of the word!

Basically what I'm saying is this- daily I have fibro discomfort. But this lack of sleep has caused my fibro pain to be worse, tired, depressed.

I read about people that feel normal and then have episodes of fibro. This isn't my experience.

But it isn't until this latest bout that reminds me how much I hate being in these fibro episodes.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
(female)

diva425 HB User

I'm the same way a lot of the time. It just takes a lot to get me out of the house. I work full time and everything, but most of the time when I'm not working I'm like a shut in that has a messy house. It's insane that I have no energy to even keep things clean, but I don't. I feel your pain...literally.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
(female)

applecollector HB User

Thanks for all the replys and sorry everyone seems to have the same thing.

I finely made it to church today for the first time is several months, but it takes so much energy

for some reason I sleep better during the day---

but I go through times it is 2 or 3 or 4 in am before I can go to sleep, doesn't matter if I have been awake all day or sleeping all day

I am afraid I am going to start loosing my hair on the side (you know the way babies do----LOL from all the sleeping

Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
(female)

sparkly lady HB User

I have also heard that some people have phases where they don`t feel quite so bad, but mine never seems to let up. I am going to the chronic pain clinic again on Friday to see what other meds they can try me on. I have refused the injections as so many people have had a negative reactions to them and the consultant told me he was only going to inject my back, so whats the point, my arms , hands , neck, head and feet will still feel crippled by the pain!! I am feeling really low at the moment and I thank God for my little boy, its because of him that have not taken one too many painkillers, it is unbearable at the moment. Does stress and depression make the symptoms feel worse?

Last edited by sparkly lady; 06-03-2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #12
(female)

applecollector HB User

CFS/chronic fatigue syndrome is common in Fibro

my pain level is not too bad except for my rib cage and stern (since I have now an enlarged liver it is pushing on my ribs and causing the fibro to flare there

I take ADs (anti-depressants depression has been going on for over 30 years) I was on the old type like elavil which helps with pain, so I could have had this for many more years than I have been dx almost 6 years now.

Stress, depression yes can cause it to be worse---but how it the ___ do you keep stress out of your life unless you sleep all the time. I can't decide now if the sleeping is really a flare now or just a coping

I did manage to get out yesterday and to to PO, Office Depot, wally world and vets and still felt pretty good, except the chest pain.

today not too bad except again chest pain as mentioned above---it will probably hit me tomorrow---it is usually 2 or so days after I have done something that it hits me with more pain fatigue etc.

I don't know what the answers are for any of us---and don't think the Dr's do either---it is all trail and error---we are human rats to see what works, and what works for one may not work for others.

Right now my liver problem has me more scared than the fibro and the Dr's don't seem to be concerned about it. which scares me even more

Old 06-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Sparklylady- I think stress and depression do make it worse. Are you taking vitamins?

I also don't take painkillers. But the last couple days I have realized why people do.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

yes, because when I'm sleeping i can't feel any pain.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #15
(female)

sparkly lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrostuff View Post
Sparklylady- I think stress and depression do make it worse. Are you taking vitamins?

I also don't take painkillers. But the last couple days I have realized why people do.
No I don`t take vitamins- do you? Do you think they could help? Well as I have already said I have to see the consultant tomorrow, I wonder what he will offer me, afterall turned down his kind offer of numbing my back. I just didn`t see how that was going to help in the longrun. They need to stop masking it and try to find out the cause of it. I was infuriated that he was only willing to offer these injections as a first option, almost like he couldn`t be bothered with anything else... lets shove a needle in her spine and send her on her way, with the attitude they may or may not help I have now got a mobility scooter, at first I felt like a fraud, afterall I am not old (40 yrs) and I do not have what the Doctors would call a "disability" but at least I can take my 5 year old to school now and I can get out when I am not that tired. I don`t know about you guys but I feel all I do is complain about pain, tiredness, depressionetc. So here we are all moaning to each other about our ailments cause nobody else can appreciate how this syndrome feels except us, so "thank you" to all of you on this message board, at least I know I am not alone and I am not imagining this which is something I was led to believe at the beginning of all this Karen xx

Closed Thread