It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
are there different stages of Fibro?

are there differen't stages on Fibro like Mild, Moderate, Severe? I just wondered because I hear people say they can't open a jar of peanut butter, or they are in a wheel chair can't walk. I wonder what I have because I have strength in my hands, I don't have any swollen joints, etc. It's just mostly wide spread pain, exaustion. Nothing major major.

I guess I fear someday I will end up in a wheel chair or something. I'm going on my 3rd year. I think I was actually worse the first 2 years. I had a bladder infection, all this chest pain.

Last edited by SnowBunny89; 06-10-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: are there differen't stages of Fibro?

I think that just as each individual is unique, so is their body's ability to deal with this illness. I know that I wax and wane, but I am not typical as I have lupus as well. I have days or weeks at times, where I can hardly walk, drive, dress, bathe, but other times I feel so much more mobile even if I cannot work or perform activities that I did say 7 or 8 years ago. I have been through a multitude of med trials over the years and honestly, I don't think any are very successful for me. I feel the illness just waxes and wanes as a consequence and although one may feel mild or moderate pain at times; it can easily and rapidly escalate. I would say my FMS is moderate at best and severe at worst. I try to remain mobile when I can and just give in to the pain and exhaustion when I have to. I learn to cherish the good days and just try to remember another one may come my way on the bad days. So yes, I do believe there are stages or degrees of the illness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldyfm View Post
I think that just as each individual is unique, so is their body's ability to deal with this illness. I know that I wax and wane, but I am not typical as I have lupus as well. I have days or weeks at times, where I can hardly walk, drive, dress, bathe, but other times I feel so much more mobile even if I cannot work or perform activities that I did say 7 or 8 years ago. I have been through a multitude of med trials over the years and honestly, I don't think any are very successful for me. I feel the illness just waxes and wanes as a consequence and although one may feel mild or moderate pain at times; it can easily and rapidly escalate. I would say my FMS is moderate at best and severe at worst. I try to remain mobile when I can and just give in to the pain and exhaustion when I have to. I learn to cherish the good days and just try to remember another one may come my way on the bad days. So yes, I do believe there are stages or degrees of the illness.
I go through periods where I feel good and don't have much pain. And then other times where it's really bad. Not to the point where I can't walk.

I'm sorry you have lupus as well. I had blood work done when I was diagnosed and my ANA Lupus test was positive. So I went to a Rehumatholigst had more blood work done. and the doctor said I didn't have Lupus.

Last edited by SnowBunny89; 06-10-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
(female)

33 and Tired HB User

I also have both fibro & lupus as well. I believe that every person is affected in different ways. For me, no one day is the same as another. I have good days and bad days equally. There are days like today when I had to walk my dog on crutches because I was too weak, but tomorrow I could run a marathon... It's a coin toss, but you have to be open to trying new methods of treatment and communicate with your physician. Focus on being positive and take time to appreciate the good days that do you have. I have learned not to worry about what 'could happen' because we can't control the future and it is hard enough already to accept what I am going through now. I am not sure if this helps, but hang in there!

Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: are there different stages of Fibro?

Some people do get worse over time, but many stay about the same or slowly improve.

If it hasn't happened yet, don't worry over it. Just keep taking care of yourself.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: are there different stages of Fibro?

I have a really bad case but I think it is because it is coupled with cmp bodywide. I am in bed for the most part I can get up and do things but I need to laydown an hour for every 15min to 1/2hr out of my bed.I cant sit in a chair because the pain is overwhelming all at the ripe old age of 39 MY family goes on vacation and im left home because I cant make the trip.

Closed Thread