It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
My arms feel so heavy and weak

I have been so tired the past few day's I lack any motivation. I felt so good up until the weekend and then my energy spurt was over and if I stand up my arms are so incredibly weak and kind of useless until the blood gets moving again. At least that is how it feels. My hands have been going numb too, like if I am on the phone using my left hand it will become numb,if I am writing with my right it will go numb. I have also felt that my nuckles in my hands are vaguely sore. Any way I am just so weak, my mind wants to do stuff but my body can't go fast enough so I lie down. I went to the Dr yesterday and my iron level is still somewhat low 15 so I am back on my iron caps-I had stopped about 3 weeks ago, does anyone think this could be why I feel so weak-is that kind of quick to feel weak after stopping iron?? Oh to be nimble and quick!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: My arms feel so heavy and weak

you said it so perfect, mind wants to do stuff but body can't go fast enough.
Wow can i relate to that.

Carpal tunnel is common with Fibro, i have CTS and it began with what you are describing.

About the iron, yes that can make you feel tired having low iron. If you started the iron caps again, did they make you feel a bit better with any energy?

It feels terrible to have the spurt of energy and then boom, energy gone and totally wiped out . i think that's why i get too many things started and left undone.

BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Yes happy I hear you. Now my legs are weak as well my arms, today I am in a total body flare. Ticks me off because my mind is going a zillion miles per hours with things I want to do. But my head hurts so much I think I'll forget it and hopefully this does not last. I had been having stress issues regarding my sister and I wish I wouldn't do that because this is what stress does to me!!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Have you had your neck looked at? What about Vitamin D level? Is your blood sugar all over the place?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrostuff View Post
Have you had your neck looked at? What about Vitamin D level? Is your blood sugar all over the place?
Hi fibrostuff my blood sugars are good including the AC1 tests for overall blood sugar. I have a standing 3month blood sugar test set up by my DR. I take vitamin D. I do have some neurapathy issues in my right arm/leg I had been tested for that. 3 vertabre issues in my lower back but the Dr never got too in it. I where my stress on my neck, this pain in that area also hurts my front clavical area. I do the best I can and most days I get through pretty well. Today I was having a difficult day. Tomorrow the sun may shine and all will be well.

I was on iron supplements for 3 months and felt good and then I was off for 1 month and I am zapped of energy and now back on iron. One 300mg Palafer a day-hopefully it is enough to get my level's up. I used to take 2 a day so don't know how long it will take.

Last edited by ebrena; 06-23-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Closed Thread