It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
I am in such pain today!!

Hi ya all. Just need to whine about how much I hurt today. I usually hurt some where every day but today it is from mid-back up my neck and back of my head to the front of my head, my shoulder's my hands my butt and back of my thighs and my feet. Usually I have one-sided pain-so one side kind of works okay. Not today. I have a HEAD/FACE ache that is ruining my day totally. I went to bed with it last night and woke up with it this morning. I take 600mg Gabapentin with 1 Celebrex for the pain usually. Today I took 2 bufferin when I first got up and 5mg diazapam which I rarely take but is suppose to help with muscle pain-it didn't. I used nazacort up my nose in case it was my sinus hurting my face and forehead-didn't help. I hate taking all these freaking pill's and especially on days they don't work. My Dr prescribed me Flexerill and I wonder if it makes my pain worse??? It seems on the days I take it the next day I am disabled (well I mean I hurt so much from head to toes). Today even my stomach hurts and is queezy. whaaaaaaa!! Poor me. I get so mad at myself because I am just such a drag since this syndrome as the medical community calls it has gotten so much worse. I have had it slowly creeping up for years but now that I am 55 and no longer work and should be having a blast I feel like my body has blown up-what kind of blast is that?? The only thing my DR will tell me to take for pain is Gabapentin 600mg in the am & 800mg in the pm; Celebrex or Advil not both at the same time; T3's and Flexerill 10mg (maybe that's not enough of a dose)?? My hubby is just drawing me a bath I hope I can get back out. Thanks for listening. Hope the rest of you all are functioning today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
(female)

New To CP HB User
Re: I am in such pain today!!

Ebrena, I am SO sorry you're having such a rough day today. I completely understand the feeling and how it can be so frustrating! Please don't feel bad venting, whining or complaining at all. We've all been there and experience it. I've been 'post bombing' the boards for the last two weeks with symptoms, questions and problems... That's what we are all here for though.

If your doctor won't increase any of your meds and you have FM, I would seriously consider trying to see a pain managment doctor. FM is serious for a lot of people and it can be difficult to manage. I'm not saying you should go take a bunch of pain meds all the time, but when you hurt... You HURT and you need to be able to get some relief!!!

Again, I'm sorry you're having a rough day and I wish there was something I could do. Are you able to take IBU? If so, then you could try 800mgs of that to see if it will help! Take care and let us know how you're doing!

-An eye for and eye leaves the whole world blind.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
(female)

fibro-worn HB Userfibro-worn HB User

Ebrena Sorry you are feeling so bad. I also can relate to you I am 62 and recently retired and thought that I could finally do some things but that has not happened. I will feel fairly good and plan something and then my body will go crazy and say not today you aren't. I am so sick of being sick. I am lucky that I don't hurt as bad as some , but i have ibs and it controls my life alot.God help us all it is a rotten disease to have. At least tramdol has been a real help for me. If not for that I don't know how I would be able to do anything.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Thanks to you both. I will have a better day soon I know that but htis one is bad. It's the headache/neck ache that is most intense. I am sitting here having a Neo Citron it will relax me anyway. I really thought and maybe I do have a flu bug-an achy flu bug.

You know New to CP there have been times I have taken 1200mg's of Advil along with my Gabapentin-I always take a stomach pill when I do that. Today I have been taking Celebrex so can't mix-just T3's are okay to mix.

Here's to a better tomorrow!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

A chiropractor helped my head/neck pain. Turned out I had a neck problem I didn't know about. Try and get a recommendation from a friend for a good chiro.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
(female)

iengbersen HB User

Aw. I'm so sorry. I hope there are other methods that you can find without having any side effects.

Last edited by iengbersen; 06-24-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Thanks fibrostuff, I have had my neck looked at, it is not s skeletal alignment pain it is mucscle pain. I find if I have any stress going on, other peoples problems I where and I just seize up. That bad flare lasted just the whole day and in the morning I felt fine and it has not come back. I am not a fan of chiropractor's but I do stretches to help stretch the sore muscles. Or even deep massage at the athletic pain center which I may do next time it happens like that. Thanks for replying.

Last edited by ebrena; 06-27-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
(female)

clover45 HB User

Great to hear things are better with you. Those really "BAD" days can sure get you down physically and mentally. I should know, I'm 56 and have had fibro since I was 38. There is power in numbers, so hang in there...we're all right there with you.
Take care,
Clover

Old 06-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

whine and vent away hon. may not take the pain away but does offer some emotional relief in knowing we all understand what youre going thru. We have been there and will be there again. My flareups last anywhere from one week to 2 months (thats the most), most times just a couple of weeks. i treat myself like a queen for that time. pamper myself, a long warm bath, some herbal tea, a nice comfy robe ( i live in pajamas and robe), somehow makes things just a little bit better. maybe not physically, but mentally, and thats half the fight there. i do hope you feel better hon, and just know youre not alone. we're all on the same journey.

Closed Thread