It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

goldencubs HB User
Does this sound like fibromyalgia? Please help

Hi Everyone,

I have been having a hard time being diagnosed with something and was hoping you could help me. Does this seem like fibromyalgia to you?

Back Story:
I developed an inner ear disorder in 2006 when a virus attacked my inner ear. I was put on a diuretic to control fluid balance in ear.

I started to not feel so good last Fall/Winter and found that I had low potassium from diuretic. I stopped diuretic for good and took potassium supps. in Jan. 2009 and it helped.

Then, soon after, I started to not feel good again...heart palpitations, shakiness, breathlessness, & sore muscles & joints. Doc found I had low ferritin and put me on iron supps. Everything has pretty much subsided except for joint/muscle pain.

We have ruled out Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lyme Disease, Thyroid (although thyroid levels are changing a bit), HIV, etc. I have an appt. to see a rheumatogist soon.

I don't seem to have pain in the trigger points. My joints feel sore, or like they are under strain or pressure (but no swelling or hot spots). My muscles feel like they have been overworked, like I have over-exercised. Sometimes my muscles feel slightly cramped like they could seize up on me a bit. When I flex my foot, I have a strange twinge in my heel. Sometimes I get headaches too. I am not having coordination issues and I don't feel excessively tired. I would say my body feels run down but I don't feel like I want to sleep.

Does this sound like what you guys have been thru? If not, do you have any idea of what this could be? I have been sick for 3 years total w/everything that has happened and I so desperately want answers and to feel good again for myself and my family.

Jessica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Does this sound like fibromyalgia? Please help

Could be. This is a weird illness and hard to diagnosis. I thought that everyone with fibromyalgia had tender points. Have you seen a pain mgmt doctor? Maybe you could find some answers there.

Closed Thread