It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
(female)

CougarBabe HB User
Sudden Complete Loss of Muscle Control

Anyone else having sudden complete loss of muscle Control? This happense in my hands (drop whatever I am holding), one calf, whole leg. Also has happened in both legs, and apparently this has happened for years, although infrequently.

I would fall and think I must have tripped but those around me would say that it looked as though I just suddenly collapsed. This has occurred twice when I should have stepped off the curb, but my leading leg never touched down, so my whole body did-- even leaving me with a sprained ankle once.

I notice it more and more, even when repositioning myself on the sofa, or reaching for something, walking down steps.

Anyone?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Re: Sudden Complete Loss of Muscle Control

Ive never noticed it in my legs or calves. Loss of total control for a split second in my hands. like from the wrist down to fingers, cause even my wrist goes down. i just posted on another post asking about the same thing. Doctors have tested me, and all they say is must be the fibro, but im not sure. it never has happened in their presence so i dont know if they even know what im talking about. its a very odd feeling losing control, my hand goes down, drops a cup or whatever, then its up again. that quickly.Doesnt hurt, there is no pain for me involved, just the feeling of loss of control.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

CougarBabe HB User

I read your other post, and did not recognize it as describing this muscle loss "blip"! but it did remind me to post what I did.

I used to think the falling was MS when I was diagnosed with that 20 yo. That diagnosis was "crossed out" 10 yo. Now that it is happening more and more often, I need to bring it up with another Dr. and see what the new thoughts are.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Most definetaly hon, always check with the doctors, when i had mentioned this before to the very first one, i was tested for MS, but didnt have it, so i suppose docs just say its fibro and for me it could just be the fibro since i dont have MS. but ive never experienced it in my bottom half, tho i have a friend with MS and she does have problems with loss of control.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I know someone with this problem, her doctors told her it was due to stress/panic attacks. She falls backwards after losing total muscle control. Sounds more like an epileptic seizure to me. She was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, but don't know if the two issues are related or not. Something like that, I can't see how it could be due to Fibromyalgia. But some people with FMS are in wheelchairs, so what do I know. (Nothing probably).

Old 08-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
(female)

emeadows HB Useremeadows HB User

I have just enlisted the help of a private organization that prescreens and helps you get disability. They told me they are hearing an increase in the amount of people originally dx with Fibro who are now 'developing' MS. I would definitely ask your doctors.

Closed Thread