It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

SuseeQ52 HB User
Red face Does Savella Make you Sweat?

Hello all,

I just registered today for this board, so here is a newbie!

Do you have many side effects with Savella? I have excessive sweating. I suffer from hot flashes and now I have excessive sweating in between. I am hoping that this side effect will go away with time. Any experiences to share would be most helpful.

Thanks

SuseeQ52

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User
Re: Does Savella Make you Sweat?

First let me welcome you to the board. I know you will find it to be very helpful.

I have been on Savella for two weeks, my only symptom was a rash that formed on my neck on days 3-5. I have been having excessive sweating. However it's hard to say if it is from savella. I too get hot flashes and I also live is SW Florida so all of that together is a real sweat bath.

Stick with the savella, it is really starting to help me as well as a lot of other members. Good Luck and Good Health.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Welcome,

I too am on savella. For about 2 months now?? YES the sweating is a side effect..I also am in meno, so between that and the Savella, I would always look like I just got out ofd the shower I would sweat so bad...BUT it has gotten better.

Stick with the Savella I have noticed a difference with me. I STILL get Flares this past week was bad but I was also sick so I think that triggered it. BUT, NOT IN SEVERE PAIN EVERY DAY.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
(female)

mwc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl View Post
Welcome,

I too am on savella. For about 2 months now?? YES the sweating is a side effect..I also am in meno, so between that and the Savella, I would always look like I just got out ofd the shower I would sweat so bad...BUT it has gotten better.

Stick with the Savella I have noticed a difference with me. I STILL get Flares this past week was bad but I was also sick so I think that triggered it. BUT, NOT IN SEVERE PAIN EVERY DAY.

Last edited by mwc; 07-13-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: not my quote MWC. i clicked on "quote reply" instead of reply. sorry

Old 07-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
(female)

mwc HB User

I was not prepared for the side effect of sweating and hot flushes. I have to change my clothes after each event. Does anyone know if these symptoms subside with Savella? I am so encourged as my Fibromyalgia and RA are better after only one week. I am up to the 50 mg. dosage. I want to continue but I do not want to have a wet body. HELP!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Mine have gotten better. I have a question, if I understand right, you have been on Savella for 1-week and already up to 50MG?? I started with a pck that started at a very low dose then wheen yourself onto 50MG I think it took about 2 weeks

Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
(female)

MidnightDiva HB User

I'm going to have to stop taking my Savella. It has made me feel worse. I will be going back on Cymbalta.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
(female)

JJ Grammy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuseeQ52 View Post
Hello all,

I just registered today for this board, so here is a newbie!

Do you have many side effects with Savella? I have excessive sweating. I suffer from hot flashes and now I have excessive sweating in between. I am hoping that this side effect will go away with time. Any experiences to share would be most helpful.

Thanks

SuseeQ52

Old 03-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
(female)

JJ Grammy HB User

I'm a newbie too. Just registered today because of this post regarding sweating and Savella. I'm so relieved to hear other people have this side affect. Hope it stops soon because everything else about this drug is amazing. It's done wonders for me after 6+ years of pain and disability.
Anyone else have a thought about the sweats? I'm seeing my doctor this afternoon and will go over it then as well.
Thank you all!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I too am interested in the side effects of Savella and I am seeing my Rheumy on the
7th and plan on asking her about it. Currently on Lyrica. Tried the Cymbalta and could not take the sweating from that after 3 weeks into it. I was hoping it would get better, allthough, it did not help the pain anyway. The Lyrica works pretty well for me (300mgs a day) but I think now I also have the facial (sp) pain now too. I have been having horrible pain in my left shoulder for months that has now moved down into the upper arm muscle. I have limited movement and if I do move the wrong way I am bent over holding arm and yelling in pain. Went to PCP and he gave me excersizes that only made the pain worse. I use moist heat, ice, dry heat. Have tried everything and I just have given up. I can barely dress myself for work in the mornings anymore. Hubby helps me undress when I get home. Any suggestions are very welcome. Sorry I got off the subject but do still want to know about the Savella.
Low pain all,
Cat ;o)

Old 04-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #11
(female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

I haven't been here for a while, sorry. I have been feeling great and I have selfishly not come on this board to give a word of encouragement to those who are struggling with this condition and it's associated medications.

I promise to check in more often from now on!

As far as Savella, it DEFINITELY does make you sweat!!!! I have been in Menopause for ten years and I did have hot flashes already, but when I was diagnosed with Fibro, my doc put me on Cymbalta and I immediately began to sweat like I have never sweated in all of my life! I also looked like I had just come out of the shower! Then I switched to Savella and I sweated on it also for about two months and then it began to diminish. I still sweat at times, when I am exercising or cleaning (anything physical) but the dripping sweats have stopped!!!!

Savella helps me so much with pain as well. It is an amazing medication. I just hope that I don't develop a tolerance to it over time. I have been on it now for about four months I think and it works so well for me, without any side effects that I can tell. I have a little dizziness at times, but that could be from my blood pressure meds, so I don't worry about it. It's not enough to be bothersome!

I noticed the original message on this topic is from July??? So maybe you have changed meds or your symptoms have leveled off by now. I will leave this post as general information to those of you who are wondering.

Hugs!

Pam

Old 04-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
(female)

JJ Grammy HB User

Hi Guys,
THanks so much for writing back. This is quite a journey, isn't it? I've had such a terrible time through the last 6 years and I think it's partly because I haven't completely accepted my situation and just keep thinking it'll go away.
The Savella has helped the pain tremendously! It's done a much better job than I ever imagined it would. So much so that I think the sweating, if it continues, will be worth it. Phew! My hair drips with sweat at the worst point! Very embarassing. But I've been able to cut my pain meds nearly in half so that's a huge plus. I'm so glad to hear that it's nearly stopped for you, Pam.
and CAt - Have you considered that you may have a torn rotator cuff? I had terrible shoulder pain that nothing would help. If I moved the wrong way I'd cry out in pain and surprise anyone within ear shot because I'm normally pretty quiet. I finally had surgery about a year ago. Takes a lot of PT - but now I'm pain free where that's concerned. It's a very painful surgery and you really need to commit yourself to extensive physical therapy though. After 3 months I thought I'd made a mistake and the surgery wasn't worth it. But after 8 months I knew it had been the right thing to do. I hope that's not it with you - but what you describe sounds similar.
Oh - before I forget.... I asked my doctor about the sweating and she said that in some people it never goes away but that for most it decreases after about 6 weeks. I've only been taking it for a little over 3 weeks. I'm very optimistic about what it's doing so far and the experiences I'm reading here make me even more optimistic.
But boy - can't this be a drag? Such a see-saw of life.
Thank you guys SO much for writing here!
Best to you both.
JJ Grammy

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ Grammy For This Useful Post:
HOTFLASHIN (12-17-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #13
(female)

PUMKINMUFFIN HB User

Last week my Rhuemologist get me Savella. I have tried Lyrica, Cymbalta, Amitripiline, and cocktails of trazodone and ativan for other symtoms of the FM. This is my last shot for a medication to help the FM. I'm on day 8 of the tritation pack , took my first 50mg tab this morning. Each time the dosage is upped i feel like i got cow tipped and tranqed. I have also turned in the human water fountian. The pain has decreased. But i'm wondering how long before the daytime sleepiness and dizzys go away. How long does it take before the side effects not be so bothersome? i have to make this work i want my life back.

The following user gives a hug of support to PUMKINMUFFIN:
HOTFLASHIN (12-17-2010)
Old 06-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #14
(female)

abster93 HB User

I notice your post about savella is 2009 but how did you do on it?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
(female)

sawelaine HB User

I tried Savella last year. I made it for 4 days (nights) and stopped
due to vivid dreams and nightsweats. I have tried Lyrica, Cymbalta....all too many side effects. Currently on my old, basic 50 mg amitriptyline.
Has anyone tried cervical facet radiofrequency for headaches? My physiatrist recently suggested it might help me.
Thanks

Closed Thread