It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Foot Cramps/Charlie Horse

Hi all,

Gotta a question..is foot cramps and charlie horses part of fibro?

I have allways had issue even before I was dx with fibro with having these issue. ALOT OF FOOT CRAMPS and some charliue horses in my leggs.

I woke up the other night with a heck of a doozey of a charlie horse. OMG I was in PAIN !! It took about an hour to releive it tand my leg was so sore the next day, then it end up hitting the other legg..OUCH. Is this a Fibro thing? My mother said my father suffers with this too and I know he has been getting some Fibro-like symptoms and I wonder about if he could have Fibro too.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
(female)

CougarBabe HB User
Re: Foot Cramps/Charlie Horse

yes, muscle cramps and muscle spasms are one of the problems. Try keeping potassium level up (bananas, potatoes) or otc muscle relaxers Formula 303 (wellness emporium) and if they dont help ask dr for script for a muscle relaxer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
(female)

sunny47 HB User

I get cramps mainly in my toes and the only thing I can do is take off my shoe and and basically pop the toes. Happens mostly when walking. I look like an idiot if it happens when I am in a store.

sunny47

Old 08-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

What's Charlie Horse - never heard of it - my mind boggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
(female)

lallerb HB User

I also get cramps in my feet and hands. My MD told me to take Magnesium and Calcium for them, which seems to help a bit. I still get the cramps in my hands and feet, but I no longer get the leg cramps in the middle of the night like I used to.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:55 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Vitamin D, calcium/magnesium.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #7
(male)

BobGuy HB User
Thumbs down Re: Foot Cramps/Charlie Horse

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I've been living with FM for roughly 3 years now. Once in a while, I wake up with someone driving a knife into my calf! The sharp pain is nasty; the only thing I can do is try to stand and stretch the leg.

Far more often I experience foot cramps, although usually when at rest, i,e. not when walking.

Before FM, these muscular 'events' did not happen. The more I read about the delights of this disease, the more I realize this is a multi-faceted illness.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

dolejaly HB User

I didn't realize the leg and foot cramping was part of fibro, well that explains it now....I have had them so bad it has brought tears to my eyes....The worse when it happens is when I am driving(my car is a stick shift)...so between trying not to cause an accident, pushing in the clutch, brake and all, it is unbelievable.....Someone had told me to start eating more bananas and that would help reduce the cramps. There is never any reason or triggers for them, they just come out of no where, whether I am sleeping, driving ,walking etc......Would a multi vitamin help decrease those as well?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #9
(female)

jisduit HB User

Tonic water that contains quinine (sp) has worked wonders for me - it has a bitter taste but squeeze a lime or two in it - its refreshing and has eliminated my cramps
Meds: Morphine, Ambien, Klonopin, Elavil, Omeprazole, Vit D

Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

My doc always said Tonic Water..I will have to REALLY give it a try

Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
(female)

lderaimo HB User

Black Cherry Extract is suppose to help foot cramps or gout. You can buy liquid or eat cherries also, if you don't want to buy capsules. The capsules helped me. Black cherries have a lot of antioxidants.

Hope you feel better.

Lori

Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Yes, i just bought a bottle of the black cherry extract liquid. i think the cost was 3.50 and i mix 2 Tablespoon in my ice tea. It really tastes good.

Hoping this will get rid of or ease up toe charlie horses. These attack my toes all at once and so painful.

Wish you all well
BeHappy2

Old 08-15-2009, 05:05 AM   #13
(female)

feefee920 HB Userfeefee920 HB User

Oh my gosh...I get charlie horses in my toes all the time. They come out of nowhere and I get them in sets of 2-3 in succession. I can actually see my toes being pulled downwards! I've had Fibro forever it seems and I never once connected the toe and calf cramping to that...but now it makes sense! Geez...who woulda thunk it? LOL

Old 08-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

I get the toe thing too. Boy does that hurt. My husband has to rub it and try to push it back in place. I didn't relate it to the fibro either.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Hi.. ugh my feet hurt all the time. the fronts and the pads of my feet and the backs. mostly at night time. I have epsom salt lotion has anyone tried this. what do you guys do when your feet aches?

also I have noticed my pain is worse at night. is it like this for anyone else? except when I wake up in the morning stiff.

Closed Thread