It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User
My Legs Hurt So So Much

For the past two week my legs have been killing me.They ache all the time, tingle, burn, and if I am crouching or sitting down it is very hard to get up. At night in bed is the worst and I find myself moving them to try to make them feel better. I don't remember any of my other flares feeling quite like this. Has anyone else experienced this (I know... stupid question) and could this be something more than fibro. maybe RLS? I also stopped taking Savella last week, could this be a withdrawal symptom?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: My Legs Hurt So So Much

Elle, have you had a sleep study done? I was diagnosed with RLS during my sleep study and take med for it. I also suffer with my legs at times. I cannot attribute anything to trigger when they are going to ache, it just happens for no reason (other than FMS) I use heating pad on them, wrapping them and also hot soak in tub sometimes helps. I also use a topical analgesic (Biofreeze) that gives some temporary relief. I can so relate as it is most uncomfortable and really makes it hard to sleep, rest at times. I also use a pillow between my legs to separate them and try not to use heavy covers. Seems just the pressure of a little weight makes them throb even more. I do hope these suggestions can give you some relief. Also others may know some other remedies to try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Even though you're in a sunny state, you might get your Vitamin D level checked. Also- maybe take cal/mag supplement. And drink water!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:04 AM   #4
(female)

whitetigress53 HB User

My legs are my most painful area during a flareup. They ache so bad, that I can't even get to sleep because of it.

I also had a sleep study done that found PLMD, which is RLS, but only occurs while sleep.

How long ago did you quit taking the Savella?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

[QUOTE=whitetigress53;4051712]My legs are my most painful area during a flareup. They ache so bad, that I can't even get to sleep because of it.

I also had a sleep study done that found PLMD, which is RLS, but only occurs while sleep.

How long ago did you quit taking the Savella?[/QUOte)

Could you enlighten me as to what PLMD and RLS both are please? Thanks

Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

my legs also hurt at times but I'm low on vitamin-d. they have been feeling better lately.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:26 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Thank you all for the support. I do take magnesium, Stress B Comp. and multi V. I will add Calcium+D. I stopped savella about 10 days ago due to bad side effects (I was really hoping that one was going to work), however the leg stuff started about a week before that. I did try the heating pads last night and it did help for a while. Thanks again.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

You don't say if you are on any other meds, but statins for high cholesterol are notorius for leg cramps and pain. Also Zantac for GI symptoms can cause leg pain in some people. I had trouble with both meds.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle45 View Post
Thank you all for the support. I do take magnesium, Stress B Comp. and multi V. I will add Calcium+D. I stopped savella about 10 days ago due to bad side effects (I was really hoping that one was going to work), however the leg stuff started about a week before that. I did try the heating pads last night and it did help for a while. Thanks again.
Do you lack Vitamin-D, My doctor said that can make your legs hurt, and give you more Muscle pain. Hope your feeling better.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:34 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

I stopped taking all meds, I want to try the natural way now. I never considered that I could be low in V-D because I live in Florida. I am going to my rhume on Tue and will discuss it with him along with all the other possibilities everyone here suggested. I'll keep you posted.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
(female)

CougarBabe HB User

Check your calcium intake, as it is important for the Vit d level in your body. also, if you are taking magnesium, make sure you balance it with calcium.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

elle you could be lacking vitamin-d. but then again it could be the pain of Fibro. I tried to go the natural way, eating only certain foods I just couldn't stand not to eat what I love. I still had pain anyways.

Take care

Old 08-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Ah - thank you whitetigress!

Old 08-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #14
(female)

Fibrobugsme HB UserFibrobugsme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle45 View Post
Elle I take 18 IUs of Vit D every day and while it doesn't necessarily help one oway or the other in my case I thought maybe it might help you. Also, do you drink enough water?

What were some of the side effects of Savella that made you stop taking it? My doctor gave it to me last week and I've stopped taking it twice. It gives me horrible palpitations and racing heart rate and it makes me feel sick to my stomach. I haven't gotten through the two week trial packet yet. Do these things go away or what? I take meds to control my heart rate which is usually too high to start with. I don't need this stuff making it even worse.

Take care,
Sharon

Old 08-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

I asked the Dr. about Vit. D and he said he doubts it is a problem being we are in Fl and I spend a lot of time out doors. I do drink plenty of water. Savella made me sick to my stomach, but that did go away after a few days. My main problem was anxiety. I was always yelling at my family. I was sweating profusely, and I had terrible headaches. I was on it for about 4 wks so I don't know if the symptoms would have subsided or not. Good Luck.

Closed Thread