It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

fibrogirl23 HB User
Dairy Free

Ok so I am the type of person who jumps on ban wagons!
I am always looking for a cure! (There is none by the way) So yesterday I came across a web site that said that Firbromyalgia is an allergic reaction to dairy. They have a 2 week trail of NO DAIRY what so ever & you will start to feel better. Has anyone ever heard of this?? I guess I am going to try this & let you all know what the out come is but I was curious to know if anyone has heard of this topic

Thanks again for all your help & support

Keep your fingers crossed if this is true it could change everything!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Dairy Free

Hi fibrogirl,
I've not tried the dairy free, i feel i eat very little dairy but then again i'm not dairy free.

My fingers are crossed for you trying this and keeping us posted for your
2 week trial of dairy free.

We're here to help and support you, keep us informed on this.

Live Life well
BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Is it dairy free that is the key or Lactose free? There is a difference as there are many foods high in lactose that are not dairy items, for example Mushrooms. I posted on one of the other boards recently regarding my experiences with Lactose Intolerance, the issues, testing, and my recovery. You can click on my name and see other posts and it should take you to my list of posts. I do want to say that often IBS is also seen in FMS. If you have GI symptoms, then a Gastroenterologist may be in your future. I suffered many years from Lactose problems and I almost immediately saw improvement. Like I said, I wrote quite a long post of my experiences, so take a look. I do hope you find it informative.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
(female)

CougarBabe HB User

Firbromyalgia is an allergic reaction to dairy. They have a 2 week trail of NO DAIRY .

OK, my suspicion hairs are tingling. The first statement is unfounded and made even more irresponsible paired with the second.

Maybe you ARE dairy intolerant try your own trial but stay away from them!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

HI Fibrogirl - I'd be really interested to hear how you get on - I'm doing my best to reduce/eliminate sugar - soooooooo hard - I have a sneaky feeling that not too far in the distant future I'll be eliminating/reducing dairy too. There is so much info out there and then so many contradictions - we just have to try and see for ourselves and keep others posted on progress

Goldyfm - will be clicking on your posts - thank you

Old 10-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
(female)

fibrogirl23 HB User

I satart the Dairy-free diet on Monday (they ask that you do a 14 day test & on the 15th day you are to record how you feel) So I will be keeping you all updated on how I well this works. Thanks for all your help & support. We all need it.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
(female)

Mia1974 HB User

I'm new here...but I give you my best wishes!!

I've had fibro for 30 years. It got really bad about 10-15 years ago after I had to have chemo. Although I grew up on a commercial dairy (produced milk), I have been dairy free for almost ten years (which makes me a traitor to my family's business of my childhood -- HA). It has indeed helped some but it has not cured it. (At that time, I also changed significantly my entire diet, and I have improved slowly but surely over the years...but still have fibro in varying degrees at varying times.) However, we are all unique individuals, so I'm here hoping going dairy-free helps you tremendously!!

Blessings!!

Last edited by Mia1974; 10-02-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: grammatical

Old 10-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrogirl23 View Post
Ok so I am the type of person who jumps on ban wagons!
I am always looking for a cure! (There is none by the way) So yesterday I came across a web site that said that Firbromyalgia is an allergic reaction to dairy. They have a 2 week trail of NO DAIRY what so ever & you will start to feel better. Has anyone ever heard of this?? I guess I am going to try this & let you all know what the out come is but I was curious to know if anyone has heard of this topic

Thanks again for all your help & support

Keep your fingers crossed if this is true it could change everything!!!
How are you doing with the Dairy Free ?

Old 10-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Well remembered Behappy - No fibrofog for you today!!

Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesweetlife View Post
Well remembered Behappy - No fibrofog for you today!!
GEE Whiz, Thank you, that is a huge compliment to hear..No Fibro Fog for me today. the day's not over but i enjoyed hearing that. Thanks

i was wondering about the Dairy and i think the Gluten Free(another post).
Any results ?

Live Life Well
BeHappy2

Old 10-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

There is a health food store in my community that swears going vegan is the way to go. The owner is a raw vegetablist. Hmmmmm....She says many with fibro have been helped and changed by changing their diet lifestyles. I am wondering if an allergy and fibromyalgia may have overlapping symptoms. I don't think I have an allergy, because wouldn't I have had pain as a child eating dairy? How is it working for you?

Closed Thread