It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
(female)

julie10 HB Userjulie10 HB Userjulie10 HB User
Did you lose your appetite on Tramadol?

I just noticed the past few days I haven't had much appetite...just not very hungry. That is WAY unusual for me! Since I could stand to lose some weight, this really isn't a problem for me, just more curious than anything.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
(female)

CougarBabe HB User
Re: Did you lose your appetite on Tramadol?

Not at all, but I dont remember if I did when I started taking it. What's your dosage?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Yes i have lost appetite for a long time, since tramadol. i was just searching into this last night. I found tramadol side effect is loss of appetite.
But for me here's the strange part, i'm Not losing weight. I've gained weight.

At my last doc appt., i asked if Tramadol could be causing weight gain and he said no. My appetite is very little and i know it's from the Tramadol.

I take 100mg tramadol 3-4 times daily for pain. My meal time is supper. i could care less of eating during the day, but i have to nibble something due to taking the meds. Usually banana, apple or something during the day.

Hope there are more replies on this cause i feel exactly the way you are describing, except i'm gaining weight. Makes no sense to me, unless other meds are causing my weight gain. i'm stumped at this weight gain.

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Old 09-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
(female)

CougarBabe HB User

Do you take any muscle relaxer with the tramadol? which one?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarBabe View Post
Do you take any muscle relaxer with the tramadol? which one?
Not for sure who you're asking but i do take Flexeril but try not to take unless i have too. Also take Celexa and wondering if that is the weight gainer?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
(female)

CougarBabe HB User

Celexa is a wwight gainer for many. The reason I asked about muscle relaxer, is because your dosage of tramadol is, from what I have read, at the top of the recommendation. Its higher than my dosage and my dr would not prescribe flexeril along with a high tramadol. I wish she would, because the muscle relaxer she did prescribe is useless. Flexeril does work for me. thanks/

Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
(female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

I wouldn't be complaining if something was making me lose my appetite! I have been gaining weight since I've been on Cymbalta. I think most drugs of this type can cause weight gain. Yuck.

BeHappy2, If you are like me, the fibro makes you unable to be very active, that, coupled with eating very little, may be slowing your metabolism to the point that you are gaining weight, because when our metabolism is very slow, our bodies go into starvation mode and when we do eat, the body holds on to everything as much as possible. You might try eating a little bit more during the day...just small meals 6 times a day.

Pam

Old 10-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTFLASHIN View Post
I wouldn't be complaining if something was making me lose my appetite! I have been gaining weight since I've been on Cymbalta. I think most drugs of this type can cause weight gain. Yuck.

BeHappy2, If you are like me, the fibro makes you unable to be very active, that, coupled with eating very little, may be slowing your metabolism to the point that you are gaining weight, because when our metabolism is very slow, our bodies go into starvation mode and when we do eat, the body holds on to everything as much as possible. You might try eating a little bit more during the day...just small meals 6 times a day.

Pam
Would love to hear more on this, started a new thread, so that Julie can get more responses on what she's posted here. Thanks Julie, your posting has opened doors for many.
Wish you all well
BeHappy2

Old 10-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
(female)

julie10 HB Userjulie10 HB Userjulie10 HB User

Thanks for the great conversation so far!

I take 50 mg tabs of Tramadol, and can take it up to 6 times a day. I find if I were to do that, I become very lethargic, so I try to limit it to 3-4.

I also take Vicodin as needed, Neurontin (1800 mg), Vitamin D (50,000iu 1/week)

Like I said in my original post, I sure wouldn't mind a bit of weight loss, as my activity level is certainly not what it used to be. Curbing my appetitekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.... Oh, that's funny!! I literally fell asleep with my fingers over the keyboard!!

Anyway, thanks again for the posts.

Reply Reply