It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
scalp hurts, and other symptoms

I have had Fibro for 3 years {going on my 3rd year} and in the last few months I have had new symptoms. Mouths sores on the left side of my lip, Excema which I had to get cream for. And a sore scalp which is really bugging me, If I pull my hair back in a ponytail it hurts It hurts even when I lightly touch the top of my head, wash my hair. it's so sensitive. does anyone have this scalp issue?

I just feel like what's next? all these new symptoms keep popping up. grrrrrr

Old 10-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: scalp hurts, and other symptoms

Hi SnowBunny

You are right , having Fibromyalgia so many symptoms can just start popping up. We just have to try and manage these as they occur.

i have a long handled hair brush. It hurts like heck trying to brush hair without the long handle. my shoulders and elbows and wrists pop and ouch.
So i have learned to manage with the long handled hair brush.

Be gentle to your sensitive scalp. wash your hair like it's a babies head, very gentle. If your hair is long, would it make a difference getting your hair cut to take some weight off your scalp ?

Be Well
BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappy2 View Post
Hi SnowBunny

You are right , having Fibromyalgia so many symptoms can just start popping up. We just have to try and manage these as they occur.

i have a long handled hair brush. It hurts like heck trying to brush hair without the long handle. my shoulders and elbows and wrists pop and ouch.
So i have learned to manage with the long handled hair brush.

Be gentle to your sensitive scalp. wash your hair like it's a babies head, very gentle. If your hair is long, would it make a difference getting your hair cut to take some weight off your scalp ?

Be Well
BeHappy2
so you know what i mean about the scalp pain? even brushing my hair hurts. that one time it hurt while washing my hair i went very easy and it still hurt. I wonder what makes our scalp hurt.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well SnowBunny, when i think about this it seems our bodies are so tender and sensitive to pain. Our bodies do not take any pain very well.

What about your feet, are they tender. Mine are and i have extreme pain with my feet.

When i take a shower, the water from the showerhead hurts my back. Feels like pounding on my back. do you have this ?

Old 10-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hello ladies,
about 12 years ago my scalp and head started bothering me. then it became insane. one day in desperation i shaved all the hair off my head. all of it. the pain went away. so i still shave my head bald and the pain has never come back. i think it was the weight of my hair that was the source of pain. had to be since it went away with the hair. by the way i am in my mid 50's. i get alot of compliments on my head. upside, i never have a bad hair day!
peace,
blue

Old 10-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Yup, sore scalp here as well , and oh do i know about the showering thing. Its like my skin actually hurts while im showering. Ive told my hubby numerous times, so he says what about taking baths. Im not so much a bath person as a shower person. About 2 months ago i started to have this rash, with tiny looking boils on the palm of my left hand, and at the heel of my right foot . Had doc look at it and she said it was probably Excema and gave me some cream. Its like its running on a clock or something, it goes thru the process of tiny pinpoint size boil or pimple thing, then it pops or liquid is absorbed, then it seems the skin flakes over, falls off then starts the process all over again. Ive never had excema (Sp?) in all my 55 yrs till a few months ago. Thats why its so good to come in here and get info and compare notes with each other because we seem to be the only ones who truly understand what we're describing or talking about. In the scalp pain it seems to go from one place for a good while, then i'll feel it in another seperate area, real tender, like someone pulled my hair out in chunks , then at times its all over the scalp. This is one of my moms major concerns, she has it really bad and at times cant even touch her own scalp, just the water from the shower on her head and she comes out exhausted from the pain.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
hello ladies,
about 12 years ago my scalp and head started bothering me. then it became insane. one day in desperation i shaved all the hair off my head. all of it. the pain went away. so i still shave my head bald and the pain has never come back. i think it was the weight of my hair that was the source of pain. had to be since it went away with the hair. by the way i am in my mid 50's. i get alot of compliments on my head. upside, i never have a bad hair day!
peace,
blue
Hey Blue,
I had 5 inches cut off this summer, still long and thinking of going shorter.
That's cool, no more bad hair days for you and it took care of the scalp pain.

Live Life well
BeHappy2

Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Well SnowBunny, when i think about this it seems our bodies are so tender and sensitive to pain. Our bodies do not take any pain very well.

What about your feet, are they tender. Mine are and i have extreme pain with my feet.

When i take a shower, the water from the showerhead hurts my back. Feels like pounding on my back. do you have this ?
yea me feet always hurt. specially the pads. ugh my head and scalp hurt. i never had the scalp problem to recently. it just hurts even when i don't touch my head.

btw is there anything you can do for the sore scalp? besides mayo? lol

Last edited by SnowBunny89; 10-05-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi SnowBunny

Have you considered cutting your hair shorter ? A hair cut could take weight off your scalp.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny one more thing.

Since your pads of feet hurt, i wear the diabetic socks. They have thick padding for your pads and heel. i also wear slippers with super padding for softness to my feet. My feet are always in horrible burning stabbing pain.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
SnowBunny one more thing.

Since your pads of feet hurt, i wear the diabetic socks. They have thick padding for your pads and heel. i also wear slippers with super padding for softness to my feet. My feet are always in horrible burning stabbing pain.
oh i wear those big thick chinese socks. it's just when i have sneakers or flip-flops on and i'm shopping mostly.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hi SnowBunny

Have you considered cutting your hair shorter ? A hair cut could take weight off your scalp.
That's a good idea, my hair is getting too long anyways. it hurts at the very top of my head. right now it doesn't hurt in and hour it could. it hurts at night a lot.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey SnowBunny

Keep us posted if you do see a difference from having length cut off your hair.

I had never heard of chinese socks. Well if they are thick, every bit of thickness would be a plus to painful feet.

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Old 10-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hey SnowBunny

Keep us posted if you do see a difference from having length cut off your hair.

I had never heard of chinese socks. Well if they are thick, every bit of thickness would be a plus to painful feet.

Wish you well
BeHappy2
LOL well I mean they are those socks made in China. Everything you buy is practically made there.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh, okay i understand.
I thought you meant a new type of sock. LOL

BeHappy2

Closed Thread