It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

Rapid heart beat, concerned

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
Madeofglass
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Rapid heart beat, concerned

At least every other day I struggle with this nasty rapid heart beat, even when I'm like lying down or just sitting.. It makes me feel so restless and anxious, and makes relaxing-not to mention sleeping impossible! I remember one time I was sent to hospital due to high fever and stiff neck so hence they monitored my heart beat.. it was around 140-160 for like two hours!!

It almost feels like I have a weak heart... could this be just another symptom of fibromyalgia? and if so, why?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
djl
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Rapid heart beat, concerned

Its Hart Palps. I get it too, and yes, I have seen this listed for Fibro.
Do you get any chest pain too?
Have you seen your regular doc about this?

I ended up in the ER cause of this, thinking I was having a hart attack. I was told to have a Stress Test done, and I did and everything was fine.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
thesweetlife
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I have had it occassionaly too - when I had costochondritis (when I didn't know what it was) I began to think it was a heart problem as I had the most horrendous chest pains and of course when you panic your heart rate increases - was checked out though at the hospital and all fine - I also had them when I was put on amitrypline (I came off it straight away after that and that's why I won't take any mediction it frightens me too much) I still occassionaly get it been to the Drs who has checked it out/ecg etc - I don't get breathlessness, or pains or anything like that so have been told all OK. I have also read it's part of fibro - not sure why - I also wonder whether it's because we're maybe more aware of our bodies and notice any changes - so maybe because of a noise or something we've read etc our hearts beat faster momentarily then we worry that our heart is beating faster and hey presto it beats even faster. Our minds are very powerful. If you're worried go and get it checked out - as worrying makes it beat faster!!!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
djl
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

YES, I deal with that Costro issue too. As thesweetlife said, it feels like a hart attack !!
But I would highly recommend to be checked out by your regular doctor for safety.

I dealt with Hart Pals for a few years before I realy develpoed Fibro Symptoms.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
goldyfm
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Do you see a cardiologist by chance? Any body stress such as pain can affect one's bp and heart rate. To be safe, I would have this checked by your doctor. They can monitor and recommend treatment if necessary. Any new symptom should always be reported.

I started having episodes of weakness and shortness of breath and after evaluation found that I have heart valve problems. I am evaluated regularly and have had no progression of that problem over the last 4-5 years, but at least I know what is going on and I now have to premedicate for any procedures as a preventative. I always think it is better to know and have a professional evaluate any heart symptom. It could be as simple as a medication causing your problem. Please have it checked. Take care.

Last edited by goldyfm; 10-18-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: additional comment

Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
Fibrobugsme
(female)

Fibrobugsme HB UserFibrobugsme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeofglass View Post
At least every other day I struggle with this nasty rapid heart beat, even when I'm like lying down or just sitting.. It makes me feel so restless and anxious, and makes relaxing-not to mention sleeping impossible! I remember one time I was sent to hospital due to high fever and stiff neck so hence they monitored my heart beat.. it was around 140-160 for like two hours!!

It almost feels like I have a weak heart... could this be just another symptom of fibromyalgia? and if so, why?
I have a rapid and irregular heart beat and I've had it for years. I saw a cardiologist years ago who told me I would probably need to be medicated for it in time and now I am. I also get palpitations which are something else completely. If you haven't told your doctor about this you should. For me, I take a pill every day for it and it works for the most part. Also, before bed I take an Ativan which helps to relax my body and makes it easier for me to sleep...usually. When I first complained about the racing heart I was given a monitor to wear which didn't detect anything. I have had several EKGs and an ultra sound as well. I kept telling them what was wrong. Finally they said I had anxiety...which is what I said all along. NO ONE listens LOL!! I guess they all had to see it for themselves. Years ago they said I had bad nerves and I was high strung. Now it's anxiety. Whatever. That was all when I was much younger. They've never given me a stress test because my heart rate can reach 125 without batting an eye....I idle at 125...or I used to before I started medications. Seriously though, tell your doctor.
Take care,
Sharon

Old 10-20-2009, 06:58 AM   #7
Madeofglass
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

They've done that EKG on me twice actually, and each time my heart rate was 130-150... I don't get any chest pains though, but I'm worried. It really feels like my heart is weak. Now I'm actually waiting for the results of my most recent EKG... well, the doctor will just tell me what he sees in it, but anyways..

Now I also have sore throat, and I JUST had a flu a month ago... Besides, I'm only 21...

Closed Thread