It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
severe Rib muscle spasms

I've recently had such severe Rib muscle spasms to where i've nearly fainted with pain spasms so strong.

These Rib muscle spasms are so severe, they take my breath away, i can't breath and nearly pass out.

Anyone else have these to the passing out point ? It's been on my right and left rib areas.

I am aware Fibromyalgia pain causes muscle spasms and have had them in other areas,but to the passing out point is definately fearful.

Any ideas ? i do have Flexeril prescribed for muscle spasms and apply lotions for muscle pain but this Rib muscle spasm is beyond my strongest muscle spasms ever. They happen at no particular time, such as i have had them from bending over and now this is totally different. Rib muscle spasms come on now very strong without bending over. Any ideas please ?

Be Well
BeHappy2

Old 10-20-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
(female)

suncat HB Usersuncat HB User
Re: severe Rib muscle spasms

Hi, OMG I'm going through the same thing! Severe muscle spasms left mid back area, just below my ribs. I had a massage last Tuesday for sacral back stiffnesss and pain but I think the massage aggravated it. I took Amrix which is a longer acting Flexeril, rotated cold pack and heating pad and rested. It's just now getting alittle better. Didn't do anything to cause this pain and it migrated all over my sacrum and settled in the left mid back area. I'd suggest taking the Flexeril and either apply a cold pack or heating pad and see how you do. It did get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2009, 03:55 AM   #3
(female)

suncat HB Usersuncat HB User

Hi, OMG I'm going through the same thing! Severe muscle spasms left mid back area, just below my ribs. I had a massage last Tuesday for sacral back stiffnesss and pain but I think the massage aggravated it. I took Amrix which is a longer acting Flexeril, rotated cold pack and heating pad and rested. It's just now getting alittle better. Didn't do anything to cause this pain and it migrated all over my sacrum and settled in the left mid back area. I'd suggest taking the Flexeril and either apply a cold pack or heating pad and see how you do. It did get better.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Johna HB User

I get sharp pains in the midback rib area. I either scream or I go "ouch". Kinda of embrassing when it happens in public oh well another day in fibro world.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I need to add this to my post here.

I nearly fainted out in the public. Before i left home i put alot of muscle pain cream on feet,legs arms but did not put any on my rib area.
Would this have anything to do with the severe rib pain i had? Could the extra thick muscle cream i put on have put a tender area untreated and cause this ? i refused to go to the hospital, the people whom saw me do this was very frightened . i explained to them i needed to get fresh air and i was having a muscle spasm and need to walk out the spasm. No sooner did i get to a door , a muscle spasm came in the opposite rib area. i was buckled down with pain and darn near fainted from the pain. i can definately understand why they wanted me to go to a hospital but i knew what i needed to do. The hospital was not the answer.

Has this happened to anyone with so severe i nearly fainted ?
I'm wondering if the Cool muscle cream may have contributed to my Rib area where i did not have the muscle cream applied ?

BeHappy2

Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Have you had your Gall Bladder checked. Gall stones can cause this kind of intermitant pain. I would check into it if I were you. None of us need anymore pain than we already have to deal with. Feel Better....
Cat

Old 10-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkaru View Post
Have you had your Gall Bladder checked. Gall stones can cause this kind of intermitant pain. I would check into it if I were you. None of us need anymore pain than we already have to deal with. Feel Better....
Cat
I think you may have hit this on the nose. This very well could be Gall stones. i searched a bit and it sure does point in that direction.

Thanks all for posting, i will get this checked out.

Be Well
BeHappy2

Old 10-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I have these rib spasms (front ribs) - mine was diagnosed as costochondritiis - ibruprofen to bring down the inflammation and alternating hot and cold heat work for me

Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
(female)

Greenwoodtree HB User

Im experiencing this right now

Old 03-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #10
(male)

greenour HB User

I get pains too. Not bad and not often. but they do bug me. I had them checked out and even an EKG and nothing some up.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
(female)

Greenwoodtree HB User

I just saw my D.O. this morning. Mine is definitely not gall bladder as I've had that pain - I dont have pain in my front - its all in my Traps and Lats, and curves around my ribs - . My doc believes it's nerve pain since the half xanax I took last night worked in alleviating it.
I am afraid to take xanax regularly, so she prescribed Valium. She really doesn't understand it.
I do though. A mal-functioning brain will wreck havoc on the nervous system. I've been sick for 9 years and this is one of the worst pains Ive experienced.
I've tried everything natural: hot baths, muscle creams (tiger balm, arnica), massage, stretching...nothing works. So I have to fall back on a freaking drug. I hope it works.

Closed Thread