It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

emeadows HB Useremeadows HB User
anyone with new joint pain who also has Fibro?

Is there anyone out there who has Fibromyalgia who is experiencing joint pain? This is new and somewhat sudden for me. In July, I flew across country. When I got off the plane on my trip back my feet and ankles swelled to almost double normal size. It took a week for the swelling to go away. Then my hands started. I still have swelling that will come and go. Especially when standing or sometimes sitting.

I have always had issues with my hands and feet cracking all the time just by moving. Now my hips are starting. I have brought this up to my dr before. He didn't seem too concerned at the time. I know I need to see him again, but no insurance and unable to get any governmental help makes it difficult.

I thought Fibro is muscle related. I don't know if it can involve joints as well.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
Re: anyone with new joint pain who also has Fibro?

hello emeadows,

Fibro can definitely affect joints as well. Although I do not know about the swelling, but I have severe problems with multiple joints including my feet, ankles, wrists, shoulders, back, and neck. Although with the swelling there is always a possibility it could be something else.

*gentle hugs* hope that helps you some,
Liz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
(female)

ForeverAmber HB User

Yep, muscles and joints. Always feels like I've been beaten all over on a bad day. Lyrica has really helped less the bad days, however, nothing helps when I get a migraine. During a migraine I am usually in bed for days and my body usually is sore for many days after it goes away. I've recently started "bath therapy" for my sore body. It works great!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I sometimes find it hard to be specific as to where the pain is as it often feels like it's all over. I've read that it's meant to be just the muscles but that so many people have joints that hurt as well that it's now recognised as both - my joints feel like they're swollen but they actually aren't they just hurt (if that makes sense!)

Old 10-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
(female)

CougarBabe HB User

My joint aches were dismissed by my primary even though I was diagnosed with rheumatism in my hands & feet at 15 yo and also had a report from a rheumatologist from 10 years ago which cited rheumatism also in my wrists and knees.

This past winter I really suffered from stiffness throughout my back when I awoke.

SSD asked me if I had xrays, so I told primary that SSD said I had to get some (white lie). Glad I did, showed osteo- and rheumatic-arthritis in those places as well as cervical spine and lumbar spine; quite advanced in cervical area.

I recommend xrays for all of you. There was also something odd about being prescribed anti-inflammatory meds for fibro which does not cause inflammation. I believe this is part of the common tactic of doctors to blame all your problems on fibro, as an excuse to not spend $$ looking for other issues you may be facing.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
(male)

bkatz295 HB User

I have joint pain but, it is extreme in my fingers and toes. They feel swollen but are not. They also feel hot and using ice will at least allow me to sleep. I have been to every type of doctor and had at least 25 blood tests, xrays etc. All the test are fine. Thus, the typical diagnosis of Fibro.

I been taking Neurontin for 10 yrs which has tapered off the pain. On bad days, Bayer back and body seems to help the most in pain relief. Anti inflamatories do not work.

Closed Thread